Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

MrCaff
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 Sep 2011, 6:43 am

As an Aspie I go through phases of obsession over time which is generally pretty fulfilling. I find though that I have always had one or two obsessions that have stayed with me and will stay with me forever. They are:

Silent Hill (Video Games/Movies)
Jamiroquai (Artist)
The Smashing Pumpkins (Artist)

Of course I have obsessions with Computers and Music and such but I'm talking about lifelong specific obsessions, I'd love to know what yours are!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2011, 4:24 am

My lifelong obsession is anime. It started when I was I was 8 and got swept up in the Pokemon craze of the 90s, and has been ongoing ever since. The only thing that changes is the series I'm into. I tend to obsess over two series at a time for the span of 1 to 3 years. For example, age 11 - 13 was Rurouni Kenshin and Inuyasha, age 14 - 15 was Naruto and One Piece, and age 16 - 18 was Hellsing and Trinity Blood.

However, it did go on hiatus for about one and a half years (age 19 - 20) because of developing a new special interest in the live-action movies of Tim Burton. I thought that I had "outgrown" anime, but I was wrong, as it has recently returned to the forefront of my mind. I'm still a big fan of Tim Burton's movies, but for right now they are secondary to my interest in anime.

I'm still trying to find a couple of anime series to obsess over. There are a lot of them that I like but I'm still trying to find two that will dominate my thoughts.