My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Page 4 of 7 [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is your favorite pony of the mane 6?
Twilight Sparkle 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Pinkie Pie 18%  18%  [ 5 ]
Applejack 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Rainbow Dash 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Rarity 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Fluttershy 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 28

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 6:41 pm

Sparx wrote:
I enjoy watching kid shows. What's wrong with that? It makes me happy and isn't hurting anyone. :P

My thoughts exactly! If it doesn't hurt anybody, and makes you feel better, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it! Sadly though alot of people don't see it that way. Don't let that upset you though, because its them who have the problem. Love and tolerate!

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 6:42 pm

Ganondox wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

I'm shocked a bunch of 20-some are all posting :?

Most of the stuff in the show would go way over a five year-olds head. To be honest I doubt I would have even bothered watching a single episode if I didn't have AS.

Same here. Glad I have it, and glad I have ponies. Makes life a little bit more interesting in this boring gray world :)

ScientistOfSound, I love your avatar!

Thank ya kindly! Pinkie Pie is my favourite pony, she's so hyper and awesome :D makes me smile when I see her eccentric antics! :D I feel like hopping around like she does sometimes! These days though, people pick on you for ANYTHING! Lol.

I do hop Around like her sometimes, but only if I'm completely alone, which is hard in a family of 8.

Same here! :) My family isn't as big, but they wouldn't mind anyway, because they all know how random and hyperactive I am anyway :P

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

ScientistOfSound wrote:
Sparx wrote:
I enjoy watching kid shows. What's wrong with that? It makes me happy and isn't hurting anyone. :P

My thoughts exactly! If it doesn't hurt anybody, and makes you feel better, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it! Sadly though alot of people don't see it that way. Don't let that upset you though, because its them who have the problem. Love and tolerate!

I've been trying to get my present friend to watch it and he absolutely refuses to watch it, and now he occasionally teases me about it. Why do I have to be so Aspie about it so now everyone knows? It's not bad, and people have released that this doesn't mean I'm gay or that I care what they think, but its so weird when your the only person who watches it in your school (besides your siblings) and therefor you now have that stacked upon you reputation as well as being the crazy and hyper-flexible genius. Yes, I watch ponies. Your point? Just because boys enjoy a girls show doesn't mean morality is slinking into a deep hole full of homosexuality and paedophilia, if anything it means morality is on a raise again as people are willing to enjoy something without violence or sex or other naughty stuff, and they are being taught to love and tolerate. I don't understand people.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2011, 6:57 pm

ScientistOfSound wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
886 wrote:
No offense intended, but I thought my little pony was intended for audiences under the age of.. well, 5.

Most of the stuff in the show would go way over a five year-olds head. To be honest I doubt I would have even bothered watching a single episode if I didn't have AS.

Same here. Glad I have it, and glad I have ponies. Makes life a little bit more interesting in this boring gray world :)

ScientistOfSound, I love your avatar!

Thank ya kindly! Pinkie Pie is my favourite pony, she's so hyper and awesome :D makes me smile when I see her eccentric antics! :D I feel like hopping around like she does sometimes! These days though, people pick on you for ANYTHING! Lol.

My favorites are fluttershy and pinkie pie.
I do love them all but those are the ones that my personality is like. A mix of the two. I guess I am kind of like Twilight Sparkle as well.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2011, 6:59 pm

Ganondox wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
Sparx wrote:

I've been trying to get my present friend to watch it and he absolutely refuses to watch it, and now he occasionally teases me about it. Why do I have to be so Aspie about it so now everyone knows? It's not bad, and people have released that this doesn't mean I'm gay or that I care what they think, but its so weird when your the only person who watches it in your school (besides your siblings) and therefor you now have that stacked upon you reputation as well as being the crazy and hyper-flexible genius. Yes, I watch ponies. Your point? Just because boys enjoy a girls show doesn't mean morality is slinking into a deep hole full of homosexuality and paedophilia, if anything it means morality is on a raise again as people are willing to enjoy something without violence or sex or other naughty stuff, and they are being taught to love and tolerate. I don't understand people.

Aw. I am glad I am out of school. I don't work either because I was made fun of badly and because I had gotten really sick. I am going to try to get disability has anyone with Asperger's received SSI or some type of benefits to help them survive. (Sorry I know this is off topic!)

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

psayles56 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
Sparx wrote:

Aw. I am glad I am out of school. I don't work either because I was made fun of badly and because I had gotten really sick. I am going to try to get disability has anyone with Asperger's received SSI or some type of benefits to help them survive. (Sorry I know this is off topic!)

What exactly is an SSI? I have an IEP, but that's only related to school before college.

School isn't that bad, I think I'm generally well liked, and I'm not teased more than anyone else, though ponies has not helped me at all in this aspect. That doesn't mean I like school, I still hate it, harassment just isn't a major problem for me here, and I've had no problems with real bullying at the school.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

Ganondox wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
ScientistOfSound wrote:
Sparx wrote:

What exactly is an SSI? I have an IEP, but that's only related to school before college.

School isn't that bad, I think I'm generally well liked, and I'm not teased more than anyone else, though ponies has not helped me at all in this aspect. That doesn't mean I like school, I still hate it, harassment just isn't a major problem for me here, and I've had no problems with real bullying at the school.

Whenever someone used to bully me in school I usually told them off. SSI is Supplemental Security Income. I don't know how to explain it. Google it I guess.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

ScientistOfSound wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
886 wrote:

I agree with this completely. I'm glad that I am who I am, and I'm so happy that I allowed the ponies to bring some cheer into my life. :)

cw10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 10:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpgWJjSpto[/youtube]

She's the reason the show is so popular. She's also the genius behind the power puff girls.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

psayles56 wrote:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llvgqaTDgs1qjxtmio1_500.jpg

My sentiments exactly. It annoys me when I see humanized versions of the ponies. They're already totally cute, why do they need to be drawn as anime chicks?

Not that I have a problem with anime chicks or anything - In fact, I often think it's cute when live-action movie/TV characters are drawn that way. But the ponies are perfect the way that they are, is what I'm trying to say.

psayles56
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Nov 2011, 11:09 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:

My sentiments exactly. It annoys me when I see humanized versions of the ponies. They're already totally cute, why do they need to be drawn as anime chicks?

Not that I have a problem with anime chicks or anything - In fact, I often think it's cute when live-action movie/TV characters are drawn that way. But the ponies are perfect the way that they are, is what I'm trying to say.

I think it is because people don't want to fantasize about a pony so they make it into a person so it is less weird. lol.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 11:19 pm

psayles56 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:

I think it is because people don't want to fantasize about a pony so they make it into a person so it is less weird. lol.

That makes sense I guess. Most of the people who watch the show are hormonal young guys, so of course they're going to find some way to merge sexy chicks with their interests. That's probably also why there are scantily-clad female versions of video game and movie characters too. Just go to DeviantArt and type Rule 63 into the search bar to see what I mean.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

psayles56 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:

...I don't think beastiality is any weirder than lusting after characters from children's show in general. Anyway, pony ponies are cuter than human ponies, I like the lack of humans in my little pony: Friendship is Magic.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Ganondox wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:

...I don't think beastiality is any weirder than lusting after characters from children's show in general. Anyway, pony ponies are cuter than human ponies, I like the lack of humans in my little pony: Friendship is Magic.

You wouldn't like the fanfic I'm going to write, then. Without giving away too many details, it's a crossover between FiM and my favorite Tim Burton movies, and the Burton characters remain human.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
psayles56 wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
psayles56 wrote:

You wouldn't like the fanfic I'm going to write, then. Without giving away too many details, it's a crossover between FiM and my favorite Tim Burton movies, and the Burton characters remain human.

As long as it's not attempting to be canon I'm Fine.