Do you enjoy reading negative reviews?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:55 pm

I find them entertaining. Just now, I read through negative reviews of professors at my college. I tend to find negative reviews to be much more entertaining than positive reviews, especially if it's on something that I also dislike. Also, if you think about it, I think most people would be more drawn to a review that says, "OMG, THIS s**t SUCKS!! !" over a review that says, "OMG, AMAZING!! !" :lol:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

Descartes wrote:
I find them entertaining.

You'd probably enjoy Charlie Brooker's writing and programmes about television.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

I only enjoy negative reviews when it's meant to be funny. I've come across some side splitters before.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

People seem to enjoy me ripping on sh***y old movies in the Movies forum. I'm glad they're getting enjoyment out of it, because I'm not.

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:12 pm

I guess like reading them if I agree with them, like, if something sucks so much that it enrages me xD and I'm sitting there like, "YEAH! You said it!" :x

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

I also get a kick out of reading negative reviews. They're much humourous than positive reviews are. :lol:

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

I hate reading negative reviews, especially of my favorite movies or television shows. In fact, it infuriates me. Oftentimes I don't even understand what they're complaining about; it's like we watched two completely different things. The reason I get so riled up about it is because I feel like if someone calls something I love inferior, then it means that they are indirectly calling me inferior as a person for enjoying it. That's the single biggest reason why I rarely ever talk about the kind of music I enjoy - it's almost universally labelled garbage by people with "superior" tastes, so I don't talk about it because I don't want to feel like I'm garbage for enjoying it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2011, 5:41 am

QFT!