Business in the front,party in the back? Do I have a mullet?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

oshibka
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2011, 4:15 am

I'm wondering about something, do I have a mullet? For the record, I actually like the mullet look even though it's out of style and not considered to be a fashionable hairstyle. I asked a few people on another board if what I have right now resembles a mullet and they said for the most part yes, so I would just like to double-check here. I'm living in a place that gets very very cold in the winter so I'm planning to keep it for the extra neck warmth, though when it starts getting warm out I'll probably end up getting rid of it.

Anyway, here are two pictures!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/208/mulletb.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/mullet2.png/

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 4:31 am

(Thread moved from Autism discussion to Random)

oshibka
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2011, 4:34 am

Ah, sorry about that. Originally I posted it in this forum but then I saw that someone else made a similar thread in the autism forum, so I thought it would be better in the Autism forum. So you can delete the other thread that I made.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 10:58 am

I'd say it's kind of a mini-mullet, but you'd need to grow the bits in the back a bit longer for it to be more mullet-like. I had a little of that going on during a really awkward phase of growing out a pixie and it drove me nuts, so I kept trimming those little pieces in the back on my own hair. But, if you like it, I say more power to you!

oshibka
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2011, 11:47 am

Yeah, I think that I'll let the back get a bit longer and then I'll get the front/sides trimmed so that it doesn't look too haggard. Besides wanting to have the "business in the front" look, it gets annoying when the front gets too long, because the hair sometimes gets in my eyes.

I think part of the reason people don't say anything to me about it is because I'm currently residing in a part of the world where the mullet haircut is still very popular (Russia, that is), so what I have is considered a pretty normal haircut here, even though in other places it might be considered a major fashion crime.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2011, 12:28 pm

I wouldn't call that a mullet and I think that anyone is shallow enough to tease you about having a hairstyle that isn't "fashionable" isn't worth bothering with.

I've never understood the concept of things being "in style". If I like it I like it. I don't like the idea that people think something is good and in style one year and bad the next. It's either good or it's not.

I'd personally rather that all your hair was long but I have a long hair fetish.

oshibka
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Nov 2011, 12:37 pm

Well no one has really said anything to me about it, positive or negative, and I wouldn't really care if people tease me about it anyway. It's more about things that I've read on the Internet about mullets, or when people mention celebrities that have mullets they think the mullets are funny.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 11:36 am

Mini-mullet; definitely not full-on mullet. Or it could be described as a baby mullet, not yet ready for expansion. The party needs to come down a bit. I don't know how fast your hair grows, but you can have a decent mullet with the shape you have now; the back just needs to grow a bit, as I said.
I'm glad you asked if you had one instead of posting about your big bad full-on mullet and it turned out... not to be one. I know a kid who just shaved the sides of is hair a bit and called it a mullet. It was so frustrating, how proud he was of that thing. Or is. It wasn't that long ago.

MaxPower
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Nov 2011, 12:03 pm

Cut the front shorter and you'll be well on your way.

oshibka
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Nov 2011, 9:23 pm

Of course I came here to ask. :)

If I knew for sure that I had a mullet I wouldn't make a topic just to show it off, since there are already plenty of mullets (and much bigger ones) on the Internet. :P