Miss Nelson and Miss Viola Swamp are the same person.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 8:44 am

What the teacher Miss Nelson did pretending to be someone else as a substitute teacher is illegal. It can land her in jail.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 7:00 pm

Link, please?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 8:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
Link, please?

It's a fictional story called "Miss Nelson is missing."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2024, 8:56 pm

Oh.

Thank you.

Never mind, then.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 10:24 am

NewTime wrote:
What the teacher Miss Nelson did pretending to be someone else as a substitute teacher is illegal. It can land her in jail.

Well...take it up with the FBI! Or the Board of Education. Or whomever!

And what about Miss Frizzle (who drives the Magic School Bus)?

I bet SHE must be involved in this too!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2024, 11:45 am

Is that the children's book about a teacher who is is sweet and nice who has a class full of really bratty kids who take advantage of her sweetness, and then one day a mean, strict teacher that the kids think is a witch shows up and forces the kids to behave, but eventually the old teacher comes back, and of course she had been the mean teacher all along in disguise? I read it as a kid and really enjoyed it, so it's probably going to be banned soon if it hasn't been already.

So what's a little artistic licensing about the law in a kid's book? I've seen kid's books with tons of artistic licensing about all kinds of things. For example there's a book called Felicity Floo Visits The Zoo, which is about a little girl with cold/flu symptoms who goes to the zoo without any adult supervision, and touches all the animals and leaves snotty green hand prints all over them, and then later the zookeeper is wondering why the animals are all acting unwell. But you should never touch animals at a zoo even, if you're well, because many of the animals could bite your hands right off. It just humorously focuses on why kids should avoid spreading germs and wash their hands and stuff. Something a lot of adults should learn to do, too. :eew:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:46 pm

That book played the "police are useless" trope pretty well. The kids went to a detective to report Miss Nelson's disappearance, but he didn't seem very competent. But soon after that Miss Nelson "came back". And then the story ended with the detective now trying to solve the sudden disappearance of Viola Swamp. So I guess Miss Nelson didn't have to worry about being arrested.

I think there was sequel to the book where Miss Nelson has to get her tonsils out, and the kids are worried Viola Swamp will take over class again while Miss Nelson is in the hospital.