Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jul 2016, 9:44 pm

Does anybody else have this flu that lasts at least a week, severe dizziness, dreadful nausea, endless vomiting, and (worst of all) insanity. I spent 1.5 days in hospital, went by ambulance, had hallucinations, actually. But those hallucinations stay in my mind as if they were true.

Also I live alone. If any of you have your health, would you like to come here and look after me? Oh, drat, it's highly contagious, nevermind.

c

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2016, 10:15 pm

No, I have never had a stomach virus or food poisoning that horrible. Knock on wood! I also hate it when people call it the flu. Influenza is a virus that is like a worse version of a cold (although they are not the same thing) that causes headache, fever, chills, body aches and fatigue, but does not commonly cause nausea or vomiting in adults, contrary to what every other non-medical person thinks. If it did, then that would mean I've never really had the flu.

And that's a good thing, because I'm emetophobic. But now I'm afraid of getting it. I have been worrying a lot about what the next big health crisis will be. :(

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 5:52 pm

That sounds like some bad flu you got. I don't think I've ever had the flu that severe before. The closest I've got was puking 14 times a day, but never made it to the point of hallucinating. My mom is a nurse and usually takes care of me when I am sick.