Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 10:02 am

Ahh... yes.....the spectrum! I personally feel that when it comes to the asperger's spectrum, extremes are better. If you are indisputably aspie/autie, you have your unchangeable identity.
When you are somewhere between NT and aspie, you suffer more because you're quirky and you know it. I have a neighbor who is aspie extraordinaire. He couldn't care less who talks to him and who doesn't. He feels just perfect and that the world would be a better place if people would just see it his way. They think he's terribly unkept and plain nuts. He doesn't even care. OH, how I envy him!! If they thought I were nuts, I'd probably exhaust myself disproving their beliefs and end up badly taken advantage of...just to be accepted...even at face value...like doing a cartwheel just to obtain a "hello". His philosophy: "Kiss my arse".
I wish I could be like him!! ! He's a chemistry professor in a local college. If you want to talk chemistry, he's all ears! If not, he's got no time for ya! I want to be like that!! !! Gruff, confident and not giving a toss about what anyone thinks.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2011, 2:43 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Ahh... yes.....the spectrum! I personally feel that when it comes to the asperger's spectrum, extremes are better. If you are indisputably aspie/autie, you have your unchangeable identity.
When you are somewhere between NT and aspie, you suffer more because you're quirky and you know it. I have a neighbor who is aspie extraordinaire. He couldn't care less who talks to him and who doesn't. He feels just perfect and that the world would be a better place if people would just see it his way. They think he's terribly unkept and plain nuts. He doesn't even care. OH, how I envy him!! If they thought I were nuts, I'd probably exhaust myself disproving their beliefs and end up badly taken advantage of...just to be accepted...even at face value...like doing a cartwheel just to obtain a "hello". His philosophy: "Kiss my arse".
I wish I could be like him!! ! He's a chemistry professor in a local college. If you want to talk chemistry, he's all ears! If not, he's got no time for ya! I want to be like that!! !! Gruff, confident and not giving a toss about what anyone thinks.

I'm the Aspie/Autie with the unchangeable identity. My identity is what it is and a lot of the more Aspie/NT type people here don't get it. There's nothing getting in the way of all of you getting to know the real me, because the real me is right in front of you all. Mick Avory isn't getting in the way of anything. If I had to be like the people who don't understand me for one day I'd be going ballistic, because I wouldn't have my true Mick Avorylike identity to fall back on. Being a chameleon would be very, very hard for me to do. My mum compared me to Mick Avory years ago and I was very unaware at the time that that's how the world sees me. I've accepted that and I wish that everybody else on WP would accept that as well.