Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 7:10 pm

that you were out of the mainstream? I realized this during 1974 when Disco was ushered in - I didn't fit - I was a misfit. If only what we know today existed back then. Wow. :o Well at least my adult children and my grand kids will have it better. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 7:17 pm

I felt like that my whole life. I didn't fit in & was bullied when I started kindergarten & it lasted till I started going to a skewl for dyslexia in the middle of 6th grade. The bullying stopped but I still did not fit in.

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 5:26 pm

I was bullied a lot during my grade school and middle school years, but during the latter is when things got worse for me.

My father passed the day after I turned 12 and a pair of bullies (along with two teachers) saw it as a reason to justify making the remainder of my middle school years difficult and because of this, I felt compelled to keep my father's passing a secret until my senior year of high school.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 1:53 pm

I can not ever remember thinking I was mainstream.

My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person. - Sara Luterman

Amity
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 2:33 pm

I knew there was something different as a child, but my awareness of not being mainstream didn't kick in till adolescence.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 12:44 am

When I started studying history and realized it felt more normal living back then as living today. It's like my brain has no "normal" setting, so I could technically feel at home in any situation, as normal as it gets at least, because I feel out of place anywhere and anytime.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 4:05 pm

I was probably different my whole life, but I would say my understanding of being different emerged when I was in the fourth grade.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 4:35 pm

When I was diagnosed around age 60. I was always so overwhelmed and afraid, even when people would say "you are really different", I did not understand.