Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 2:22 am

I rather be told a simple 'no' (or a yes), about things I want. Usually being given an elaborate answer feels like the person is being redundant because I get the point without the explanation, or it feels like they're upset/lecturing or whatever rather than accept the fact you disagree with them.

beers
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Feb 2012, 2:29 am

Yep.
Usually an elaborate answer without the appropriate interrogative initiated by you is a flimsy attempt to sway you into believing their decision was justified in one way or another.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 3:54 am

beers wrote:
Yep.
Usually an elaborate answer without the appropriate interrogative initiated by you is a flimsy attempt to sway you into believing their decision was justified in one way or another.

Every time I see you post my mind says "but your name is beers".

Depending on my mood, yes. Yes or no is good. If people start giving long answers I inturrupt them with the next question.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 4:31 am

I prefer "Yes" and "No" answers and an explanation if I ask for it. Having to listen to an hour long lecture before you get the actual answer is very frustrating.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2012, 4:38 am

Yes. I wish people would just give me a direct answer. If they aren't sure, just say so. If they don't know, just say so, if it's maybe, just say so. But don't go on a soapbox for it or go into details or explaining, that just confuses me and doesn't answer my question. How hard is it to give me a direct answer and then go into detail like I just did now?