do you sleepwalk, talk in your sleep, etc?

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 1:26 am

i haven't ever done any sleepwalking or sleeptalking, but i do other weird stuff occasionally.

in my sleep a couple of times i grabbed at my former husband like i was trying to unbutton a shirt collar or something. i think once i lightly pushed him too, but in my dream i was hitting something really hard. i woke up mortified that i might be hurting him and he laughed at me because i was just bumping his shoulder really.

and i will sometimes cry in my sleep. or giggle.

i woke up today and looked at my alarm clock and it said 1:45 p.m. so i panicked a little at my late start. i got out of bed and saw on my computer that it was actually only 10:30 a.m.... so apparently in my sleep last night i reset the time on my alarm clock. i have no idea why...

do you do anything weird in your sleep?

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 6:11 am

I call out in my sleep sometimes and woken myself up and the other night I must have dreamt about something funny because I giggled in my sleep. :oops:

infinitenull
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:24 am

I stress out or overthink about abstract topics in my sleep...

The way this works is... my brain and or body will have been on overdrive for a while... I'll be anxious about something in my room or be mentally tired in relationship to solving a logic problem

Eventually my brain will realize that I have stopped dreaming because of the intensity of this at which point my brain sorta goes "well then why be asleep" and I'll slowly drift back awake...

I've also reset my clock, but I do that because I don't set my snooze, and instead reset my alarm in the mornings... sometimes I hit the wrong button and reset the clock instead, or will leave it displaying the alarm time.

I've moved things around in my room... usually half-hearedly so that its pretty obvious in the morning... and sometimes have woke up at my computer even though I fell asleep in my bed and can specifically remember doing so.

I know that I talk in my sleep, but have correlated it to specific characteristics in my dreams... so I usually know when it happens and it wakes me up now a days lol...

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:09 am

i dooo. aparently

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:21 am

I talk in my sleep from time to time.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

I used to grind my teeth but I don't think I do that anymore. I think I sometimes still talk in my sleep.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

I know I talk in my sleep. I've woken up mid-conversation.

I don't sleepwalk, but I have fallen out of bed and moved about on the floor a few times. I also wake up crying.

Taylor1002
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 12:21 pm

I had a nightmare in a hotel and screamed "no" in my sleep, which scared some people :oops: Another time I pricked my finger in my sleep and woke up while I was standing with a drop of blood on one finger and a tack in my other hand. Once I woke up with a long, thin scar on my arm and noticed that a tack that had been on a counter was on the floor.

Nim
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 1:18 pm

I wake up to your fake dream falls every now and again to a jolt. I've even began to punch in a dream in anger and awoke to find I've punched the wall (hoping that never happens with someone in bed with me).

Sleepwalking/talking, no. But I have been known to do something when asked in my sleep/not remember later on. (Such as move from the couch).

Sparx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

I wake myself up sometimes from talking in my sleep, and sometimes I have no idea which language I'm speaking. :lol:

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 2:08 pm

I used to sleepwalk as a kid. I'd get out of bed, go talk nonsense to my parents, and go back to bed with no memory of it the next morning. One time I peed in the dryer, next morning they didn't find it nearly as funny as I did.

I don't sleepwalk anymore, but apparently I still talk in my sleep.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:07 pm

your sleep stories are so interesting!

i woke up this morning at 7 a.m. because i turned my alarm on in my sleep. i think i will move it across the room.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 3:10 pm

I talk in my sleep quite a bit. I've woken myself up shouting, and crying in my sleep too.

Niniel
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

Appearantly, I sometimes laugh, or make strange noises in my sleep.

SoundsLike_Kyle
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2012, 4:28 pm

I've been told that I used to sleepwalk, but I grew out of it at a very early age, I guess. Nowadays I've awoken a time or two to the realization that I'm mumbling things. Does that count for talking in one's sleep?

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 5:12 pm

I eat in my sleep. My wife hears my mouth chomping. I once had a dream of eating a 4 ft. tall Hershey's Kiss, and this coincided with my wife's story of my loud "chomping." :lol:

When around 15(y), I got out of bed and was sleep walking and holding somewhat of a conversation with my grandparents. I had asked for a paper and pen to write my mother a letter. The funny thing here is the fact that this is incredibly out of character for me to write a letter to anyone; let alone to me mama.' After sitting there for some time and without writing even one letter of the alphabet, I abruptly put the pen down and went back upstairs to go beddy bye. :lol:

When told what I did it sounded incredible to me.... and couldn't remember a thing.

When very young( early elementary school) I awoke out of a "walk" next to the cloths dryer. I was frantically burying a body in the cloths pile. I came to and felt a huge relief that it was a only dream. No dead person.... the guilt significantly subsided. ( Could have been a hallucination?)

I had a reputation for sleep walking in those years, but apparently outgrew it.

Strange stuff.