Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 1:51 pm

In recent years, I've read a bit about explaining symbols in your dreams. One source said it was all about sex, another said it was all about danger, but now I think I've found a veritable treasure of online misinformation worth sharing with the world.

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Some of the symbols this website explains:

Quote:
To see bacon in your dream symbolizes essentials, staples, and life's supply. It may also be a play on the common phase "bringing home the bacon" to refer to earning a living.

To dream that you are decapitated indicates that you are not thinking clearly and are refusing to see the truth. You need to confront the situation or the person despite the pain and discomfort you might feel in doing so. The dream also suggests that you have the tendency to act before you think.

To see a killer whale in your dream indicates that you need to be more social or more vocal about something. Step up and speak up. Alternatively, the dream symbolizes spiritual guidance. You are ready to explore your emotions, but you need to make the connection between the conscious and subconscious aspects of yourself.

To see a kangaroo in your dream refers to maternal and paternal protection. You may be expressing your nurturing and mothering nature. Perhaps, you are being too overly protective. Alternatively, a kangaroo symbolizes aggression. If the kangaroo is hopping, then the dream is analogous to how you jump from one thing to another. You lack the ability to stick to one thing.

What's more interesting - these explanations, or the fact that people dream about these things in the first place?

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 2:57 pm

The fact that people dream about those things wins on the interesting scale. Bacon, seriously?

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2012, 2:59 pm

That's one of the more believable things to dream about. I've seen 'sand dollar' shells, uterus surgery and other strange subjects on that website.

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 3:08 pm

Uterus surgery? Gross. I am going to check out that site immediately!

Ynnep
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2012, 3:12 pm

quote: To wear khakis in your dream suggest that there is something that you are not seeing clearly on. Or that something may not be what it seems. Alternatively, the dream refers to your desires to conform and fit in.

hahaha!

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

I don't really like those dream interpretation things. The same thing in two different people's dreams is not going to mean the same thing to everyone.