I'm leaving.....or at least something like it....

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 6:45 am

While you may have heard these sort of posts before, I won't mince words. I am not leaving for good, but rather, withdrawing from active participation in Wrong Planet. I will occasionally drop in and check up, but I'm not going to do that often......

I will leave posts whenever I feel like it, which probably won't be very often from now....

On sabbatical...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 7:08 am

Any reason? Or just bored here?

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 7:09 am

Well I'll miss you.

hyper_alien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 7:44 am

bibi

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 7:50 am

I cannot understand drama queens on forums who go into this song and dance about leaving a forum. If you want to go, do so. Just don't read the message board or post on it any more. It's very simple and easy to do. Or perhaps they're attention seekers. Who knows?

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

13 Nov 2006, 7:59 am

Tequila wrote:
I cannot understand drama queens on forums who go into this song and dance about leaving a forum. If you want to go, do so. Just don't read the message board or post on it any more. It's very simple and easy to do. Or perhaps they're attention seekers. Who knows?

We are all attention seekers. Otherwise we would not be posting anything. I'm sure
Quatermass has very practically reasons why he is greatly scaling back his posting.
As for as "It's very simple and easy to do". You know people are not entirely free
and if an aspie has an obession with something he may have even less freedom.

tigerlily
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2006, 8:11 am

is that not what being aspergers syndrome is all about.seeing the world and the people in it in an unusual way,having unusual feelings and acting upon them.as it happens i have had very strong feelings of wanting to get away from all kinds of things lately.almost everything feels like its toxic to my soul,even the things that were pleasurable previously.people i could handle now i cant. so i collect a prescription for prozac this afternoon.i have never taken antidepressants before.wish me luck.why do we expect to understand each other when we each have our individual perception . . .its acceptance i am hoping for more than understanding. quatermass ,take care of yourself and enjoy your timeout.we will be thinking of you while you are away.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 8:14 am

Well, good luck and all that. We'll miss you. Do drop in every once inna while, eh?

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 8:18 am

Pop in when you're in the area, asta la vista

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 8:40 am

Tequila wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I get tired of a board or decide to leave for some reason, I just stop posting.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

13 Nov 2006, 9:04 am

Xenon wrote:
Tequila wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I get tired of a board or decide to leave for some reason, I just stop posting.

Quote:
Empathy (from the Greek εμπάθεια, "to suffer with") is commonly defined as one's ability to recognize, perceive and directly experientially feel the emotion of another. As the states of mind, beliefs, and desires of others are intertwined with their emotions, one with empathy for another may often be able to more effectively divine another's modes of thought and mood. Empathy is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes", or experiencing the outlook or emotions of another being within oneself, a sort of emotional resonance.

We can not understand others by putting them in our own shoes we have to stand in their shoes.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 9:21 am

*COUGH*Ripoff!!*COUGH*

Also, I would miss you if I was still here, which I'm not.

Last edited by werbert on 13 Nov 2006, 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 9:29 am

Some interests wax and wane, sometimes we need more time for other things.

Anyway Quatermass, hope you pop back when you feel like it.

Last edited by Starr on 13 Nov 2006, 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 10:37 am

8O 8O 8O

tdbrown82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Nov 2006, 10:40 am

See you later. Hopefully this place isn't an unhealthy obsession.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 2:46 pm

I will miss you!