Are you good at keeping track of time?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you arrive early, on time, or late to work, appointments, meetings etc.?
I am early 65%  65%  [ 13 ]
I am on time 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
I am late 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 20

AJ89
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jun 2012, 11:44 pm

I'm always a little bit late, for pretty much everything I have to go to.

Jasmine90
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

I'm usually always early. Usually way too early (have been an hour early for some appointments before).

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

I can lose track of time quite a lot when I'm caught up in something or just doing things that aren't very important but I'm very punctual maybe because of my OCD; I'm very rigid & focused on routines & schedules. I voted for Early; I have anxiety about being late for things.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

I'm pretty good at keeping time and getting to places I need to go on time. I am at best slightly early.

Moonhawk
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 1:00 am

I like getting to places early when i do have an appointment, because then i don't need to rush and cause anxiety for myself :o

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 9:58 am

Depends on the case. Sometimes I'll be too early, other times I'll be right on time. I usually keep to being early because it saves for some anxiety (though it doesn't get rid of it completely).

EDIT: Usually if I'm late for something, the reason was something I had no control over.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 11:31 am

Different people have different sense of time, it's more of a personality trait (unless it becomes a signifficant weakness and affects the person's life). Otherwise, generally, all people are different with this sort of thing. Some Aspies are better at being early or on time, and then you get the fashionably late Aspies. Same goes with NTs - you get some NTs who prefer being early or on time, and you get others who are always fashionably late. I usually like to be on time, and I'm good at being on time. I've been getting the bus nearly every single week for over 5 years now and I have only missed it 3 or 4 times, either it came too early or I had lost something at home and was hunting around for it at the last minute. Otherwise, I am usually on time. If I am to meet someone in the town, I usually try to get there 5 or 10 minutes after the planned time, because I hate standing waiting on my own in public, I rather the other person get there before me. Being 5 minutes late is still practically on time, just best not leave it any more than 10 minutes unless it's beyond your control. Even then I like to let them know where I am and why I will be late.

My mum's siblings are quite the opposite with sense of time. My mum's brother usually turns up too early when nobody's ready yet, and my mum's sister will usually turn up literally 2 hours later than the planned time, and we're always surprised when she turns up early (which is rare). And my mum's other sister is usually on time. I like her the best in that respect because she is more predictable. My mum is predictable too. I take after my mum.

xmh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jun 2012, 11:54 am

I tend to either be late or early, less often on time.

When late it is often because I get distracted and underestimate how long it will take me to get there. When early it is because I am making an effort not to be late (setting off before any potential distraction).

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 12:31 pm

I am usually early to most things. If it's like an appointment or something, and there's ample time to spare, I will go get a soda or snack while I wait.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 2:57 pm

I'm very good at keeping track of the time. I have an intense fear of being late, so I arrive everywhere that I need to be, 15 minutes early.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

I normally get to places quite early its very rare for me to be late.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 3:15 pm

I'm terrible at it. I'm trying really hard to change that and I am better, but still I'm late way too often. :oops:

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

Oh, I'm good at keeping track of time. It's just that I often don't give a damn about arriving somewhere on time. :lol:

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm very good at keeping track of the time. I have an intense fear of being late.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

I tend to arrive early. But if it's not something I have to be there on time, I am either late or on time. (I count few minutes early at least ten minutes early as on time) And I have also been nearly late to my appointments because I would arrive like five minutes before the time I have it at.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2012, 4:38 pm

I need to be early due to my fear of being late and inability to quickly read analog clocks (I know how to do it, but it takes too long to count the little lines around the clock face). If I'm there early, I will know when it's time to do whatever I need to be on time for because the party/meeting/class/etc. will take place. Also arriving early to some things gives you plenty of time to adjust to the change in location/environment and some quiet time as well.