Does this mean anything, or was I just tired?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2012, 9:54 am

Okay so last night I tried to fall asleep, but couldn't. I felt tired but that I was unable to relax. I know a little bit of self-hypnosis so I said (in my head) that my toes were feeling sleepy, my feet were feeling sleepy, and my lower legs were feeling sleepy. When I said lower legs I realized that I felt like I had felt my legs relax...but next to me 8O Like there was my physical body and I was laying to the right of it or something, then I fell asleep. But it seemed really weird at the time and still does.

Keon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Jun 2012, 11:37 pm

That sounds kind of familiar.

Astral projection was one of my random interests for about 2 weeks. What happened to you sounds similar to what I used to do.

During astral projection, in theory, your body falls asleep while your mind remains awake. Once this has happened, your mind/spiritual body can (supposedly) travel to anywhere that you can imagine. The concept sounds cool but there just wasn't enough evidence to prove that astral projection isn't just a some type of mental process or "super-dream". But I did have a partial projection.
I had laid down and gotten comfortable. I relaxed my mind and completely cleared out any thought. Then I started telling each of my limbs to fall asleep. After my body fell asleep, I started focusing again on thinking about absolutely nothing and keeping my mind empty... and then... I suddenly felt completely weightless. It felt like my body was being pulled up above my bed beginning with my legs. The weird thing was that I could feel my legs being pulled up and yet I still felt my legs laying calmly on the bed. The feeling was so surprisingly random that I completely lost focus and jolted up to make sure that I was still on my bed. It had felt like 2 hours went by but it was only maybe 30 minutes since I had started.

That's the closest I've had to a full projection but I don't see myself trying it again anytime soon. The feeling of being weightless was unimaginable but I'm not sure if I was dreaming or if it was more than that. It felt WAY more real than a dream though but I hate thinking about wasting my time thinking that I'm doing something cool while I'm just sleeping... lol