Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dirtdigger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 4:09 pm

What is the most unusual thing you have ever seen? The most unusual thing that I ever seen was Lenin's tomb in Red Square. Vladimir Lenin, a former leader of Russia was dressed in a nice suit and tie and was in a glass enclosure in a dimly lit concrete enclosure. The Russian guards took everyone's camera's away so people didn't snap pictures and then returned them when people were out of the tomb. I think that was going to be the last year Lenin would be on display. One of the Russians told me that he was going to be buried with the rest of the Russian leaders. I only seen their headstones.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 7:32 pm

We had a big ice storm a few years ago,it had warmed up just enough that day for the ice to slightly melt,that night it refroze and a clear sky and a full moon and when I went outside the moonlight was reflected in all the frozen spheres hanging off the trees.I have never seen anything like it,a fairy wonderland,prisms reflecting the moonlight. The next night I was ready to see it again but the ice had melted into icicles and it didnt reflect the same way.It was the most surreal thing and beautiful that I will probably see in this life.
I also saw a garter snake throw up a toad,the snake was writhing around and I wondered what was up and what appeared to be little hands popped out and then the rest of the toad,he was unhurt and puffed up,that and his bufo toxin saved his life,the snake was o.k. too,he most likely had a bad taste in his mouth.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 8:43 pm

several decades back, at the [now defunct] walter reade museum of medical oddities [washington d.c.] i saw a picked "push-me/pull-you" fetus in a jar of formaldehyde. i also saw the charred stomach of a man that offed himself by drinking lye [acid].

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 9:21 pm

I've seen a lot of them. One that stands out in my memory is a naked man on a roof during a heavy rain storm screaming "ROLL TIDE BABY!" and waving his arms. Mainly because it was my roof and my husband.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2012, 9:25 pm

Another alabama fan.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 8:41 am

OliveOilMom wrote:
I've seen a lot of them. One that stands out in my memory is a naked man on a roof during a heavy rain storm screaming "ROLL TIDE BABY!" and waving his arms. Mainly because it was my roof and my husband.

:lol: Only in Alabama right?

Anyways, for me the most unusual thing I saw was tree branches falling off due to snow. I know up north that's not uncommon, but for Texas several feet of snow is really something.

HisDivineMajesty
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 8:57 am

There are several.

Once, in the middle of the night in the middle of winter, I woke up because I heard a car with a loud engine stop. I heard someone step out of the car in front of my house, but I didn't really think it was all that interesting. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just listened through an open window. Suddenly, I heard fast footsteps on the path out front, so I hopped out of bed and looked. For some reason, a naked man was running through the ice cold night coming from a few houses to the right, stepped into the car still parked in front of my house, and drove away.

Once, I was in the passenger seat of a car. It was a long ride, so I was asleep, and had been for half an hour. Suddenly, the driver woke me up - we were in a traffic jam - and pointed out that, a few hundred metres in front of us, there were house-high flames coming from a burning car in the middle of the highway. We drove around it, and I could feel the heat coming from that car even through our closed windows.

And I can swear I've seen the monster of Loch Ness during a holiday to Scotland in 2006. We were driving along the lake, along a part of the lake with some trees and bushes between the road and the lake. Suddenly, through a clearing, I saw a large black object moving through the water. It must have been large enough to notice even through the next clearing, but it was completely gone.

Mummy_of_Peanut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 9:37 am

A couple of things happened just outside my parents' house, while I was living there. It's an ordinary suburban street.

One morning, my cousin (who was staying with us at the time) was leaving for work and my Mum and I were saying 'Bye' at the door. He stepped outside the front gate, but quickly ran back in again, as we saw 5 horses and a donkey stampeding along the road. My Mum phoned emergency services and she thinks they thought she was just waking from a dream. The police came anyway and rounded them up. They'd escaped from a field, about a mile away.

One night, at about 11pm, 2 cars drove up and parked just outside my parents' house. A woman got out of one of them and went into the other car, to join a man. I'll not describe what happened, but, most couples would have done it indoors or found a secluded lane. My parents' house is only 20 feet from the roadside. There were lots of neighbours on their doorsteps, amazed that this was happening in the open. We've no idea who they were and can only guess that they were getting some kind of kick out of being watched.

BTW I've also seen Lenin's tomb, when I was on a school trip to the Soviet Union. I've seen Otzi, the ice man, too, through a narrow viewing window, in Bolzano, Italy.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 11:12 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

Anyways, for me the most unusual thing I saw was tree branches falling off due to snow. I know up north that's not uncommon, but for Texas several feet of snow is really something.

I would get on a roof naked for Duke or music.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 5:56 pm

A drunk and stoned man halfways dressed in a chicken suit attempting to spin a sign advertising a great deal on a combo meal at a local restaurant.

A group of Skinheads at the Holocaust Memorial Museum. They did not speak much, just stood there with scowels on their faces, ponding their fists on their chest and some holding signs. Odd, but it could have been far worse.

EDIT: I nearly forgot about the man wandering the streets in a diaper. He seemed intoxicated, but I wasn't sure. He then prompted to remove said diaper and expose himself to unsuspecting pedestrians. I live in a very strange area.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:09 pm

HisDivineMajesty wrote:
There are several.

Once, in the middle of the night in the middle of winter, I woke up because I heard a car with a loud engine stop. I heard someone step out of the car in front of my house, but I didn't really think it was all that interesting. I couldn't go back to sleep, so I just listened through an open window. Suddenly, I heard fast footsteps on the path out front, so I hopped out of bed and looked. For some reason, a naked man was running through the ice cold night coming from a few houses to the right, stepped into the car still parked in front of my house, and drove away.

Uh oh! Her husband came home early.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:39 pm

1. A ghost. We had the ghost of a man in our apartment, and one day I got to see him. It was like a shadow. And I could feel he was so sad. Instead of scared, I felt sorry for him.
2. A hill in my country where, if you stop in car in the middle of it (whithout the hand brake) while going down, the car will slowly go backwards. It is very funny and interesting.
3. I saw a car running over 2 little kids: one girl about 5 years old, and one boy about 8 years old. The amazing part was: nothing happened to them. Not even a rib broken.
4. Square trees.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:48 pm

thewrll wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I love some sports, but I wouldn't go nude for either of them.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

What about at a nudist camp?

brickmack
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Aug 2012, 8:39 pm

A half naked drunk guy walking past my house at 2 in the morning, while playing an accordian.

Also while visiting New Mexico with my dad (it was either Santa Fe or Albacurque) there was this guy with a rat, a cat, and a dog. The cat sat on the dog, and the rat on the cat, and they all got along perfectly fine.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2012, 11:14 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
thewrll wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I love some sports, but I wouldn't go nude for either of them.

It was after they won an important game. He was drunk and excited. He's done worse in the name of Alabama Football.