Hair dyeing, again (fixed the spelling ;-)

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 5:33 am

So last night was my youngest daughters turn to dye her hair again, and she asked for my help because her sister was at school. This is what she did. She parted it across the back from an inch above each ear, straight across and put the top part up in a pony tail. Then she dyed the bottom half black.

After that, she covered the black part in plastic and bleached the rest of it out and then dyed it bright neon pink. The pink looks great over the black part underneath. I think it looks really, really good.

But then she did her nails in that crackle lacqour stuff I don't like. Half hot pink and half bright yellow green. I hate that crackle stuff. :P

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Last edited by OliveOilMom on 21 Sep 2012, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

EvaSmith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2012, 5:39 am

Sounds good, I'd love to try green hair personally. I had my hair dyed pink at the hairdresser's once but the dye didn't take very well :(

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 5:49 am

You have to bleach it first, then dye it with the color, unless you are naturally blonde. We left the bleach on hers for an hour and it bleached her hair out almost white. The pink is very bright and very pink and it turned out very even. Looks great over the black part. I don't know what brands you have where you live, or I'd suggest the one she used.

EvaSmith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2012, 5:55 am

Thanks for the reply! They bleached it but I have very dark brown hair so maybe not for long enough, the pink dye just washed out and left lighter brown underneath. My current job doesn't allow me to dye my hair an interesting colour but when my contract finishes I might try again.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 6:12 am

Her hair was already dyed so many dark colors that it was hard to bleach, but if you leave it on close to an hour, it all comes out almost white. The color dye may not have been permenant, that may be why it washed right out. Also, if you don't leave the color on long enough, sometimes those neon's wash out pretty fast. You want your hair to be very, very light blonde before you put it on. Using the shampoos and conditioners for colored hair helps keep it from turning to straw. She bleaches and dyes hers at least once a month and her hair is very healthy feeling and soft.

The brand she used is Splat, but she says Manic Panic is also good. You might could find them online if they don't sell them over there.

I think next time we are going to the Chinese store in Tuscaloosa to get dye. I don't remember the name of it, but everybody calls it the Chinese store because it's owned by some Oriental people and everybody that works there is Oriental. It's HUGE. It's the size of a super Wal Mart and it's all beauty supply and wedding, prom and pageant stuff. They have everything there from hair to toes and they have every color dye, nail polish and makeup you could want. I bought my fake boobs there (silicone inserts and a special bra, because I don't normally have boobs very much but I rarely wear them)

EvaSmith
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

Thank you for the tips, I'll have a look at the brands online as I'm in the UK. Enjoy your shopping :D

Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 6:48 am

Hair dying means balding. Hair dyeing is coloring the hair.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 7:11 am

Jitro wrote:
Hair dying means balding. Hair dyeing is coloring the hair.

Actually all hair that you see is dead, so as it grows out, it dies. But it's early, so there ya go. Some misspellings bug me too, so I totally get you pointing that out.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
You have to bleach it first, then dye it with the color, unless you are naturally blonde. We left the bleach on hers for an hour and it bleached her hair out almost white. The pink is very bright and very pink and it turned out very even. Looks great over the black part. I don't know what brands you have where you live, or I'd suggest the one she used.

How about a pic? Sounds like an interesting look...

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 3:44 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I'll see if her friend can take one and send it to me online and I'll put it up in Members Only. Her friend is spending the night tonight and has a phone that can do that. My oldest daughter is gone for the weekend and has her phone with her so she can't do it.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:

I'll see if her friend can take one and send it to me online and I'll put it up in Members Only. Her friend is spending the night tonight and has a phone that can do that. My oldest daughter is gone for the weekend and has her phone with her so she can't do it.

I'll look for it.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 6:33 pm

I remember my green haired days. I drove my mum nuts. :)

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

21 Sep 2012, 6:36 pm

That reminds me, I need to dye mine again. The roots are showing. :?

TheBicyclingGuitarist
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 7:16 pm

"Who was that blonde woman I saw you with last night?"

That was my wife.

"I thought you married a brunette?"

I did. She dyed.