Personal yearly traditions you have

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Nov 2012, 4:57 am

This is not about family traditions, but traditions of YOURS, personally.
----
Every year, I buy a Garfield day-to-day wall calendar before the new year starts; it makes for a nice accoutrement in my room, and gives me my daily dose of Garfield.

During the Holidays, I conduct my own game show marathon; that's where I watch a bunch of game show episodes for fun. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 6:23 am

Each year, the first sight of snow as a kid I'd say to myself "the club is officially closed" because as kids, the neighborhood had this boys club that I'd chill at with the neighbors and in the winter it'd be closed. So every year since this first sight of snow, it's the first thing that comes into my mind when I see it falling to the ground. Also for Christmas, every year I'd get a Christmas calender chapstick in my Christmas stocking. The oldest is from like, 1995 (1994 xmas). Well many years pass, I keep them in my stocking and they just stayed there. Each year so it's like a collection I don't touch. It turned into a tradition I guess. Another is that it used to be a tradition for me to always have McDonalds on Halloween, since fast food is kind of a rarity for me, and Pizza hut near Christmas... but I broke that this year (didn't have any). I do however, eat one candy bar a year and I had one for Halloween. Those are all the ones I can think of for now.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 12:37 pm

I celebrate the arrival of Spring with Carl Orff's "Carmina Burana".
On the last day of daylight savings time I bid the sun farewell by watching the sunset (unless it's rainy, in which case I just grumble and b*tch about it all day). Which reminds me--I have plans tomorrow evening. :(
I consider my birthday an official personal holiday and will not lift a finger unless it's an emergency!

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 1:50 pm

Every year around the Christmas season I listen to and sing the song "Ding Fries Are Done". I've been doing this for several years.

There are other certain songs that I will only listen to during certain times of the year, and I don't mean Christmas songs. Summer is the only time I will listen to "Endless Summer" by Siria, "Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard, and "Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer. Winter is the only time I will listen to "Say It Right" by Nelly Furtado.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:30 pm

Ever year I try to stay up for midnight on New Year's day.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

The Christmas bath. Every Christmas day I end up with more toiletries and bath bombs than I know what to do with. I never use them during the next year but on Christmas morning I do pick out my favourite bath bomb and perfume/body spray and have a long bath. Then wear either the pyjamas I've had (I always without fail receive new pyjamas) or if I've had a new t-shirt I'll wear that. Plus any jewellery or make-up I've received.

Most of those things don't get used again (apart from the clothes) but I always look forward to my bath and pamper.