Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 12:07 am

I work in a computer store, so we get phone calls from people with computer problems. Friday night I took a call from a guy who "lost Google," and needed help "reinstalling it." Serious. I connected him with tech support since I didn't want to make the problem worse... :roll:

Anyone else get funny calls like that?

(And I am aware that I can ask pretty dumb computer questions, so this is kind of a "tongue in cheek" kind of humor.)

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 12:18 am

Your kidding?

Well, once I got asked if you cleaned a comps drive by opening it and brushing it.

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 12:28 am

Flagg wrote:
Your kidding?

'fraid not. I still laugh when I think about it. And I can only imagine what the tech guy thought after I connected the call. "I lost Google..." Yeah, it still makes me laugh.

Gamester
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 12:43 am

I work for a moving and storage company, and I'm outside usually doing demo or construction work. or on the trucks, halling.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 2:29 am

:lol:

Yes, that's funny!

I do internal tech support for a cal centre, and one of the apps the reps use is commonly known on the floor as "Windows" despite the fact that it has a name... So I constantly get calls from reps who calmly and confidently state that their "Windows isn't working"
:lol:
I often have to repress the urge to tell them that if "their Windows" wasn't working, they'd be staring at a black screen!

I'm too nice for that though. I always (meekly!) correct them however by repeating their statement using the application's proper name.

I'd be a lot funnier if I was bitchier, sometimes... :roll:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 8:09 am

I used to work for a call center, and the guy next to me got a call from a 'newbie' who thought they had 'broken' the internet. (Just a modem problem, but we laughed about that one ! !)

Emettman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2006, 8:11 am

So, do you think people should be tested for a driving license, before they are let out on the information super-highway?

There is no limit to human folly, and although I don't have a terribly high estimate of human intelligence, I'm currently having to revise it down a little. I've just been introduced to Yahoo Answers, and it has all the horrific fascination of a major train wreck.

Two apparently genuine questions for you, from there.
"In world war two, who came third?"

"When was the war of 1812 fought?"

I've not delved into the computer/internet sections.

CeallachSolomon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Dec 2006, 1:59 pm

Emettman wrote:
Two apparently genuine questions for you, from there.
"In world war two, who came third?"

"When was the war of 1812 fought?"

I've not delved into the computer/internet sections.

I believe I've been bested. Congratulations Yahoo, you've created a monster. A sick, twisted monster who stole my job! Thanks a lot, *******.

atxa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2006, 8:48 pm

A client called me this afternoon, he told me, since he installed Windows 97 that he got problems.
I explained him the difference between Office 97 and his operating system who is Windows 95
but like many peoples he doesn't have understood.

So he told me "If I give you the serial number of my Windows 97 can you enter in my computer ?"

I answered no, and he asked me, are you really sure ?