Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:51 am

NTs can be so weird & so hard to understand.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 10:54 am

Do you have any specific NT's in mind Kitty, or is this just a general thought?

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:10 am

blitzkrieg wrote:

No, it's the people that work at the group home, it is also some of my NTs friends, I lost a friend, she lied to me twice, she can compared me to herself, she has alot of problems too, she also has a little boy who is Autism & deaf.

Why you haven't text me on WhatsApp?

Maybe my post would be better in Social Skill & Making Friends, I am coping in live.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:12 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

No, it's the people that work at the group home, it is also some of my NTs friends, I lost a friend, she lied to me twice, she can compared me to herself, she has alot of problems too, she also has a little boy who is Autism & deaf.

Why you haven't text me on WhatsApp?

Maybe my post would be better in Social Skill & Making Friends, I am coping in live.

Oh, sorry Kitty, I didn't realise I had a message on Whatsapp from you that I haven't responded to... I shall check that now!

I think that NT support workers probably don't have a great deal of knowledge about the people they are 'helping' since they are poorly paid, usually.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:44 pm

Yes NTs can seem quite weird to me. Not just weird but plain wrong. But I have to remember that weirdness is in the eye of the weirded-out. Hard to hold that thought if they've got any power over me and they're using it in a way that seems wrong or weird to me. And I'd rather not make excuses for them.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 12:59 pm

One weird thing NTs do is lie in order to be polite. For example they tell you they don't want the last pork chop, and when you pick it up with your fork to eat it they're all like "HOW DARE YOU!! !" because they *did* want it.

Or when they tell you they want something that's completely different from what they're thinking of, because apparently we're all supposed to have ESP and be able to read their minds. And then you get what they asked for them, and they're mad at you. Even though you're supposed to lie and say you like the present because that is also polite.

Or they downvote you to oblivion on Reddit just because you said you hoped a celebrity who just recently overcame their drug addiction can continue to stay sober, because it seems they love abusing drugs and think everyone should be doing it, and the hive mind of Reddit is just plain ridiculous.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 3:06 pm

^
Well yes, mainstream society must be very insecure if they've got to lie to each other to boost each other's self-confidence. I hate to see unnecessary personal attacks, but why can't people just be neutral and confine their support to offering practical help? As it is, everybody has to crank out compliments, and it's even taken as "damnation by faint praise" when the compliments aren't extreme enough. As for practical help, you might get that once in a while, but mostly you just get "moral support" because it's easier. I know it's supposed to be better to strengthen a person's mind so that they can fix their own problems, but why is it so usual to have a weak mind in the first place?

Social media can often be the other way round, especially if it's not supposed to be a support group. Maybe that's because people find politeness such a strain in real life that they let out their stored-up negativity on social media where they feel more anonymous and safe.

utterly absurd
Toucan
Toucan

Yesterday, 3:27 pm

NTs make absolutely no sense at all.
The three people in the world I'm closest to are all NTs. They're really great people but I will never even come close to understanding them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

Yesterday, 11:39 pm

I can have a very hard time understanding NTs sometimes. Why do they all dress the same? Why do they all like the same music? Why do they all like the same shows?