I often look at posts and want to reply

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

19 Oct 2012, 3:29 am

I often look at posts and want to reply, but my typing can't keep up with my thoughts.

I could write reams of stuff but my typing fails me.

I have some much to share, but I can't get it out, there.

What was that old Clint Eastwood where the aircraft would read his mind?????????

I meltdown trying to get all my knowledge across to the coalface

AAAARRRRGGHH!! !

You are very likely an Aspie

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 3:51 am

Dear Broken Bill, the important thing is to express yourself, no matter how long the typing takes.
You are part of our community, and your thoughts matter.
So type away!

Sylkat

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:20 am

I know what you mean. I start typing and then when I read what I've written, it wasn't what I'd meant to say at all. I think the movie was "Firefox".

By the way, sometimes when I see you've posted or replied, I read it just because it's you.

identity
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 8:25 am

I sort of know what you mean but maybe for different reasons. I seem to have lost the confidence to post much and also just don't really have the energy a lot of the time to try and order my thoughts.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 9:22 am

I have the opposite problem sometimes. Instead of too many thoughts, my brain is all static and I end up fishing for the elusive words to string together somewhat coherently. Hang in there..

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

19 Oct 2012, 10:01 am

I often don't know what to say, so I just try to keep it as simple as I can.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2012, 10:20 am

I don't often post to threads because they are just rehashing old issues I've seen done to death many times before. There is the same range of opinions expressed and seldom nothing new that inspires me to post. There can only be so many times one reads and responds to the same things.

LoriB
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

I personally like and appreciate the long responses. I am NT and trying to make life easier and under stand things better for my son and bf. I could read a book but it wouldn't give me interaction and real life feedback from those who live with AS. For me if I can understand where someone with AS is coming from and what things mean to them I am able to work with that to make my personal life better for those in it. I have found that reading the posts here those with AS seem to be as long in their explanations as I am in my questions. They answer ALL of the questions I have in a post and when they do it is with exact detail that I need to be able to comprehend what is being said. Feel free if you ever come across one of my posts to write volumes you may have a lot to say but I also have a lot I want to know. Type away :)

BrokenBill
Toucan
Toucan

20 Oct 2012, 2:20 am

Mindsigh wrote:
By the way, sometimes when I see you've posted or replied, I read it just because it's you.

Outside of this forum I wouldn't know if you were winding me up or setting me up to laugh at.

But here, now, on this forum I think that is a very kind thing to say. Thank you Mindsigh.

You are very likely an Aspie

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2012, 5:25 am

I spend too much time editing, and re-reading what I just wrote. Frequently, by the time I post, there are several ahead of me, so then I have to read them to see if the direction of the discussion has shifted.

patdbunny
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Oct 2012, 11:25 am

Voice recognition software has come a long way. I like Dragon.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

patdbunny wrote:

I do closed captioning and our transcriptionists used Dragon. It came up with some lu-lus, like the "Dead Sea Squirrels", "Baptism washes away your sense", "weeping and whaling".

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2012, 12:46 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
patdbunny wrote:

I do closed captioning and our transcriptionists used Dragon. It came up with some lu-lus, like the "Dead Sea Squirrels", "Baptism washes away your sense", "weeping and whaling".

"Dead Sea Squirrels" would be a great name for a band.
As in, "Hi ! ! we're the Dead Sea Squirrels and we're here to ROCK AND ROLL ! !! !"

"Weeping and Whaling" would be a great title for a book about Herman Melville.

Last edited by Prof_Pretorius on 23 Oct 2012, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patdbunny

23 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

Yeah, I can see the problems that would occur with closed-captioning. But when you have time to go back and edit, then Dragon's nice to capture everything on the first go, then go back and edit.

I broke my write arm (and yes, it was the right one) and I have an office job that requires a lot of typing. Dragon was a job saver. I've tried the voice recognition software that comes with Windows 7 and it's no where near as good.