Page 110 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 137  Next

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 3:46 pm

Humans should have gone extinct a few thousand years ago, at least. We are genetically wired to eat food that makes us obese, to see other tribes different from us as a threat because we can't tell if they are friendly or hostile, and to see superficially good-looking people as suitable for breeding because it means they are not carrying diseases or parasites. Early humans were lucky to live into their late teens so they had to start breeding as soon they could so keep from dying out. Early humans were also very likely all antisocial psychopaths and the only reason they started living together in large groups was so they wouldn't have to hunt, gather and fight predators by themselves all the time, not because they enjoyed each other's company. Now all of these genes are slowly killing us. The world has changed a lot, but humans have not.
ADAPT OR DIE. :skull:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 8:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
One of the most frightening things I have ever realized is that the existence of the "Uncanny Valley" implies that at some point in human history there was an evolutionary reason to be afraid of something that only looked human.

"they live." :alien:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 8:25 pm

i don't like weapons in general. i can accept them if they are merely decorative and demonstrative for leisure. i don't like the concept of them being used to hurt people. if the choice is to remove them all from the face of this hellworld earth, then so be it. send them all to the phantom zone.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 8:34 pm

Not too much a fan of weapons either, albeit I know bad guys will always be around and they can be a force multiplier for the weak, infirm, disabled and/or whatever. Rock and a hard place, really.

Which will be my unpopular opinion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2022, 8:52 pm

ones rock-hard body run by a mean psychopathic brain with diabolically adept reflexes, is also a weapon... send such people caught in misbehavior, to the phantom zone.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 7:03 am

All people are hoping for other people's unhappiness. They pretend to be sad when something bad happens to other people while laughing inside.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 9:43 am

I hope for the happiness of everyone except those that are irredeemable. :)

Which might be an unpopular opinion, or at least thought.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2022, 6:59 pm

i hope amuuuurican corporatism can turn merely into capitalism with a human face, like the rest of the civilized world.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 12:32 am

I am quiverfull.I think the Johnson Amendment should be repealed.I think that businesses owned by churches and non-profits should pay absolutely nothing in taxes.I am church of Christ so thats a unpopular opinion..I also think that every road and highway and street in America should be a tollway.My controversial opinion is that I am a Christian Communist who believes all Christians should live together in communes and have all property in common like the church did in Acts 2000 years ago.I think no company should have to pay state and local taxes.I think all state income taxes and all state and local property taxes should be banned.Another conntroverisal belief I have is that I want to live in a multi-million dollar property tax-exempt parsonage commune in Texas that my church will own.I dont believe in tipping.i am like Mr.Pink from Reservoir Dogs when it comes to tipping.my controversial belief is that I am a South Park Republican.My controversial belief is that deer dont need fancy premium bullets for clean and humane kills.I dont believe that there should be a min wage.My controversial belief is that Texas needs to get all the land that was part of the Republic of Texas back.I wish Texas would of never become a part of America.I believe that I am a Texan first and an American second.I love Texas more than America.I think Texas is the best state and the best place in the world.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 2:25 am

Nuclear bombs should be more actively utilized to resolve problems rather than just used as a threat.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2022, 3:11 am

UBI right now!! !

TheMechanic598
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jun 2022, 12:05 pm

Communism done correctly is not evil. The problem is that human nature is too selfish to work together towards a greater good. Capitalism is the real evil.

Shoalinagent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2022, 7:18 pm

No point critiquing anything, people can only change themselves and almost never see the need to.

Life is hard for everybody, just because you're a female or minority or whatever doesn't make your suffering any more or less significant, it's all relative.

Patriotism is really just people arguing over who has the nicest mound of dirt.

Nobody really cares, get over it and move on with your life.

The thing you hate most in others, is likely how others see you.

Stop blaming your parents, they have no idea what they were doing.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2022, 7:37 pm

most precious lil "people" not worth the energy it takes to interact with them.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 3:34 pm

All perfectionists want to do is to take pride in making sure no one messes with their warped minds.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2022, 5:59 pm

Things I hate:

- chocolate
- white sugar
- Daylight Savings Time
- December to June (when the days get longer here)
- bright blue skies
- selfies
- voicemail (won't do it)
- microwaves (don't have one)
- any social media where people brag about their lives (Insta)
- when people show pictures of their babies / kids online (I actually thought that was illegal?)