Page 112 of 137 [ 2186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 137  Next

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2022, 8:57 am

The residents of Guam are superior to everyone else on Earth.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 9:18 am

People should still be wearing face masks regularly around here. :roll:

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 12:40 pm

LIV Golf is a sustainable league and the haters are only helping for it's publicity and hype.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 6:22 pm

Mandatory face masking is an overblown and overhyped solution to a virus infection most functionally similar to a cold or flu.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 8:43 pm

I'm totally OK with stay home housewives, or stay home husbands / partners.
That is ^, if there's an equal and respectful division of labour.
All the better if you have kids.

I don't know why some women think it's bad to stay home, or take care of a house / family.
(Or, why they wouldn't want their partner to do it.)

I think daycare has damaged a lot of babies and children.
Shuffling between two parents' homes and a daycare is even worse for their development.
Kids should have one home base.

At the same time, I know it's not practical for all families to do this.
I couldn't even do it myself because I was a single mother.

The economy forced us into dual-income lifestyles but I wish that didn't happen.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2022, 11:36 pm

Some native English speakers, whether in the USA, UK, Australia etc, need to learn to pronounce English properly. Their accents are worse than some ESL individuals'. It's not necessarily due to their regional accents but due to bad habits of the individuals. Also not necessarily due to education though education definitely helps.

I'm saying this for a practical reason, not for the sake of "speaking properly". I simply find it very difficult to understand some people because of their bad individual accents, sometimes mixed with their regional accents.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 6:11 pm

I'm actually glad masks are optional now. In the colder months it isn't that bad, but in the summer masks make my face all hot and sweaty. :oops:

Of course, it won't be long before they become mandatory again, might as well enjoy it while I can.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 6:47 pm

too much emphasis placed by society on using the latest greatest technological gadgets. it puts a larger gap between the "haves" and "have nots". (socioeconomic discrimination). for example, since Coronavirus (2020), Bed Bath and Beyond said that customers have to order online (they need internet access and a card), then call when they get to the parking lot and wait in their car (car, phone). Before Coronavirus, all you needed was to go into Bed Bath and Beyond, and pay cash.

most people talk too much and too loud and too enthusiastically. (headache).

most people act like they are so morally innocent like they have never done anything wrong before. some of them act all "buddy buddy" , but the moment they (correctly or wrongly) think you did something wrong, it's like (incite a riot).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2022, 10:45 pm

The Kinks are the best rock n roll band ever.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 2:03 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm actually glad masks are optional now.

Still likely a good idea to wear at least a surgical mask, even if it's uncomfortable. It'll lower the initial dose, leading to less severe disease, which is always a positive thing. In combination with vaccine doses, it'll allow them to work better as there'll be less virions for the antibodies to deal with, so higher chance of aborting an infection in the first place. Omicron BA.4/BA.5 probably aren't all that bad, but people seem to be feeling pretty sick from them going by the things I'm hearing (along with any subacute or chronic symptoms).

Which will be similar to my unpopular opinion. People should probably be wearing KN95s when in public, especially indoors. The same with learning to wear them properly too. It'll help both ways.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 3:06 am

Human beings should be genetically altered to grow a permanent face mask.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm

I like people whining. I don't mean at me or being snowflakes, and I don't mean I want people to be upset, but I mean I encourage people to tell me what's on their mind and any negative feelings they have. Or I find it amusing discussing what our worst things are rather than our favourite things.

Headaches are the only pain that I can get to sleep with. In fact headaches are the only pain I can tolerate, and I'm talking about those thumping migraines I get in hot weather or when on my period. But I can't deal with stomachaches of any sort. Or most other pain.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 3:08 am

Some languages should be banned in public places because they are unbearably loud. I'm not sure if it's the languages themselves or the cultures of the countries where those languages are spoken. I don't mind people speaking languages that I don't understand around me as long as the language is a quiet one.

Matrix Glitch
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 6:39 am

The public should be banned from public places.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 10:55 am

temp1234 wrote:
Some languages should be banned in public places because they are unbearably loud. I'm not sure if it's the languages themselves or the cultures of the countries where those languages are spoken. I don't mind people speaking languages that I don't understand around me as long as the language is a quiet one.

Languages where they don't ever seem to stutter or even breathe, all you hear is constant dawrevjuuonngeeaioouessiopiheagjuippgdaearryhbvfyuoceeatuopeyuuaeipnbdeuitdauuipeeeyuoasfhoiuuoeavvfgeubbdRujbhhaahdfjkifvnjgdgjkreayuopeaugeyjousaerasghrshopguupevybunonubecaybi....

No tone of voice, no stutter, no nothing, just constant jabbering. Usually when we speak we do little pauses and use the word "erm" a lot.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2022, 11:13 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm totally OK with stay home housewives, or stay home husbands / partners.
That is ^, if there's an equal and respectful division of labour.
All the better if you have kids.

I don't know why some women think it's bad to stay home, or take care of a house / family.
(Or, why they wouldn't want their partner to do it.)

I think daycare has damaged a lot of babies and children.
Shuffling between two parents' homes and a daycare is even worse for their development.
Kids should have one home base.

At the same time, I know it's not practical for all families to do this.
I couldn't even do it myself because I was a single mother.

The economy forced us into dual-income lifestyles but I wish that didn't happen.

I agree. As long as you are in a healthy relationship both parties respect each other, and it's financially enough to get by with one salary, there isn't a reason for both parties to work. It's sharing the responsibility, and being a stay at home Mother is a job in itself.