Page 2 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 9:13 am

From 1959 to 1961, fifteen MILLION people starved to death in China?
And in 50 years they were over-populated?
Well, it does not look like their government had much choice but to limit the number of children produced!
What were the alternatives, really, hope for a massive epidemic, or another famine?
I do not justify or excuse the abuses of those who 'violated the law', but the culture needed to change.

Sylkat

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2012, 11:12 am

NAKnight wrote:
So-Called Global Warming is a scam in my opinion.

Best Regards,

Jake

I agree; it's not caused by anything people are doing (or failing to do). It's part of the cycle, and it will continue to cycle until the end of the universe. I'm sure somebody will call me wrong, so be it.

As far as over population, YES! Our instinct is to reproduce, and until the past 100 years, it was normal for about half or more of babies born, not to live. As a result of that fact, our instinct is to produce several "extras". With medicine and civilization, the majority of babies born, live normal lives today. So we need to balance the medicine impact by relieving the old religious and cultural influences (those which prohibit birth control, etc). Simple, but so difficult to get across to entities who are stuck in their ways of 500 years ago.

Charles

UnvoicedMercy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2012, 5:36 pm

[quote="LiberalJustice"]

My personal solutions are irrelevant, whether I die or not wont solve these problems. Why do we need all these material possessions? We've lost a lot of intelligence becoming industrialised, computers do it all for us...

Our rights are illusions, just because we have evolved intelligence doesn't give us any more rights than a Dolphin has. How about a more intellectual animal on earth rises against us, if they're more superior does it then give them the right to kill us? I hate to break it to you, but Government doesn't care that children are starving to death in third world countries. They can make it themselves, in our intellectual world its every person for themselves.

Lets be idealistic here, if we're to survive we need an Evolution soon. The only way I see the human race living on this planet, is many mass extinctions. Following that we rebuild, over and over this happens, that's the only way we'll change our destiny. Maybe we're not even real, the brain is an impressive thing after all. 'Everything you think you know you don't' What makes anyone special? why should they live, yet a dog die? If you cant look past these illusions, you'll forever live in the dark.

We have free will, we don't have freedom.

Civilians are pawns, they take orders from laws, and whom makes these laws? The more superior beings, people with a higher intellect. Control is all around you, religions are unjust, there are millions of so called "Gods", yet the open minded religious people don't believe in any other religion but they're own. What does that make them? Hypocrites, why should I believe in one's God if they don't believe in an others? What makes they're God real, and all other Gods not?

We will die that's inevitable, how we die is our choosing. Like most of you on here, I can live a life within in the limits I'm elected, nothing more. Laws wouldn't be needed if everyone was well over average Intelligence, but to control those with less intelligence you need to create these laws, also a false reality they can live in without getting in the way of the rest off us. They way we've built this world you need a high intelligence to survive, those that are weak, those that aren't clever enough fall into poverty. That's our reality, just like the world doesn't accept those on the Autism Spectrum, why because we don't fit in why because we rely on logic, and science not pointless social rules and regulations.

Just the same as dumb people take the mick out of intellectuals, and vice versa. What world do we really live in? In my eyes its just one giant game, you either play or you don't ;P

UnvoicedMercy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Dec 2012, 5:48 pm

NAKnight wrote:

Best Regards,

Jake

This really is a separate topic, it's happening we're just speeding up the process. The "21st December 2012 dooms day" is a scam, if I'm wrong and we all die so be it! Death is only the beginning! xD

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 7:48 pm

NAKnight wrote:

I'm in favor of it myself. I see the increased productivity of the Earth with Global Warming as being our best chance of feeding the increased population we will likely have in another one to two hundred years.

And if Global Warming can help postpone the next period of glaciation in this ice age, future generations will be extraordinarily grateful.

NAKnight
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

eric76 wrote:
NAKnight wrote:
So-Called so-called global warming is a scam in my opinion.

I'm in favor of it myself. I see the increased productivity of the Earth with so-called global warming as being our best chance of feeding the increased population we will likely have in another one to two hundred years.

And if so-called global warming can help postpone the next period of glaciation in this ice age, future generations will be extraordinarily grateful.

Google Search: Climate Gate.

Best Regards,

Jake

forkful_of_soup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Dec 2012, 10:54 pm

Some places are over-populated, India, for example. Most are not. The earth has not yet reached its carrying capacity for humanity, and when it does, the population will naturally balance out. If you're that concerned about it, don't have kids. But don't tell me how many kids I can or can't have.

noxnocturne
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:02 am

This climate change/overpopulation thing...I think it's a load of crap that politicians are spewing out to scare people right into living as though they're in a Third World country. It doesn't exist.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 9:07 am

forkful_of_soup wrote:
Some places are over-populated, India, for example. Most are not. The earth has not yet reached its carrying capacity for humanity, and when it does, the population will naturally balance out. If you're that concerned about it, don't have kids. But don't tell me how many kids I can or can't have.

The current interglacial warm period is estimated to be approximately 11,700 years old. The last such warm period, over 100,000 years ago, lasted 12,000 years. Many have lasted far less.

When this interglacial warm period ends and we enter another period of glaciation, there is likely to be no place in the world that does not extremely exceed the capacity of the Earth to feed them. The result will be that famine and death by starvation will be very widespread.

On the other hand, the best way to avoid reaching the carrying capacity is for Global Warming to warm the Earth up.

UnvoicedMercy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2012, 3:59 pm

"forkful_of_soup"

We've already hit that capacity, we're fishing the ocean dry with commercial fishing. We have limited water to drink, since underground Glaciers will only last so long.

The more people the more widespread poverty will become, you can have as many children has you wish. I will also have children, but I'm still going to fight for their future! In the end they will suffer not us, I'll be dead long before the earth hits the next ice age. Well unless Yellow stone blows its top, then I predict many many people will die all over the world.

The majority of people having children, have them only to fix problems in they're relationships, but it only makes them worse. Domestic abuse, child molestation is on the increase. 70% of people having children shouldn't have them, and have them for all the wrong reasons. In the United kingdom, people have children to claim more benefits for they're drug addictions.

There are millions of young mothers, that have children with many different men, and what does that bring? More offspring that will copy that behaviour. Rich people are having less children, while the poor have more and more. I've heard many females saying they'd like to have 5 or more children, but why? Where is this attitude coming from, its all psychological the more children one has the more they can hide behind them. In this world its grow up have kids, and die. That's my only care personally, as long as I've brought good mannered people into this world, nothing else matters.

If people focused more on bringing children into this world in the right way, it would be a nicer place now.

Last edited by UnvoicedMercy on 07 Dec 2012, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2012, 8:29 pm

UnvoicedMercy wrote:
"forkful_of_soup"

We've already hit that capacity, we're fishing the ocean dry with commercial fishing. We have limited water to drink, since underground Glaciers will only last so long.

Just where do we find underground glaciers? I've never heard of search a thing.

Quote:
Did you know a light bulb that lasts a life time was made? A big company bought the rights to it, so it couldn't be sold to the public.

Cites, please.

Quote:
The more people the more widespread poverty will become, you can have as many children has you wish. I will also have children, but I'm still going to fight for their future! In the end they will suffer not us, I'll be dead long before the earth hits the next ice age. Well unless Yellow stone blows its top, then I predict many many people will die all over the world.

We will likely be in another period of glaciation long before any supervolcano eruption. Hint: periods of glaciations are FAR more common than are supervolcano eruptions. The supervolcano at Yellowstone has erupted three times during the current ice age. In that same period of time, we have had many more periods of glaciations. We could easily have a full period of glaciation before the next eruption at Yellowstone.

It is even quite possible that there may never be another supervolcano eruption at Yellowstone.

UnvoicedMercy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2012, 3:32 pm

eric76 wrote:
UnvoicedMercy wrote:
"forkful_of_soup"

Just where do we find underground glaciers? I've never heard of search a thing.[/quote]

( be warned this below is Plagiarism)

About 2 percent of the planet's water is fresh, but 1.6 percent of the planet's water is locked up in the polar ice caps and glaciers. Another 0.36 percent is found underground in aquifers and wells. Only about 0.036 percent of the planet's total water supply is found in lakes and rivers. That's still thousands of trillions of gallons, but it's a very small amount compared to all the water available.

[/quote]Cites, please.[/quote]

Interesting what I thought I heard on the news, must of been from an unreliable source instead! Ah well sounded plausible at the time, since its just 'conspiracy' I'll remove the false information from my statement.

[/quote]It is even quite possible that there may never be another supervolcano eruption at Yellowstone.[/quote]

Sorry that's not plausible at all, Yellow stone will blow her top again. She's not dead or dormant, the land around yellow stone has risen quite some meters now. No idea how much since its been a while since I watched a Documentary on it, but they're constantly monitoring quakes, and measuring the ground to see how its changing around Yellow stone.

(Plagiarism again)

Facts about Yellowstone’s Supervolcano

Yellowstone sits on an enormous volcanic caldera 34 miles wide and 45 miles long.
Yellowstone has about 10,000 geysers and hot springs.
Yellowstone has approximately 3,000 small earthquakes each year
Yellowstone’s last three supervolcanic eruptions happened 2.1 million, 1.3 million and 640,000 years ago.
The largest eruption (Island Park Eruption- 2.1 million years ago) shot 2,500 times the amount of ash from the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption, into the air.
The most recent mega eruption (Yellowstone Eruption- 640,000 years ago) ejected 240 cubic miles of rock, dust and ash into the air.

Though it has been over 600,000 years since the last mega magmatic eruption and over 3,000 years since the last mega hydrothermal eruption, another major eruption may be near.
Possible future eruption in Yellowstone

In two weeks in January 2010, Yellowstone had 1,620 small earthquakes- the second largest swarm of Yellowstone earthquakes in recorded history.
The Yellowstone ground level increased by about three inches per year between 2004 and 2008- more than three times greater than any other four-year period since 1923.
From 1923 to 1985, the Yellowstone ground level rose by about 4 feet (due to swelling magma reservoirs four to six miles underground).

If Yellowstone erupts

Yellowstone could release volcanic ash 25 miles high in the air.
Volcanic ash could cover land 1,000 miles away with up to feet of ash.
Volcanic ash and gas blocking the sun could cool the earth by about 20 degrees.
About two-thirds of the United States would become uninhabitable.
There would be widespread famine and starvation worldwide.

While the Yellowstone volcano is not likely to erupt under current conditions, it may erupt if a major earthquake moves Earth’s crust, allowing magma in the Earth’s upper mantle to shoot up through the earth’s crust.

“When a supervolcano goes off…it produces energy equivalent to an impact with a comet or asteroid. You can try diverting an asteroid, but there is nothing at all you can do about a supervolcano.”

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

Note that nothing there claims that the supervolcano at Yellowstone will erupt again, now or in the very distant future.

forkful_of_soup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

UnvoicedMercy wrote:
"forkful_of_soup"

Says who? Source?

UnvoicedMercy wrote:
The majority of people having children, have them only to fix problems in they're relationships

Says who? Where did you get this idea?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2012, 11:00 pm

There are a few fisheries in trouble. If you listen to the press, you'd think all fisheries are in trouble.

UnvoicedMercy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Dec 2012, 10:18 pm

"forkful_of_soup"

Says who? Source?

Please, I'm not an information library, research on your own time.

Says who? Where did you get this idea?[/quote]

Idea's you ask? I formulated this 'idea' you speak of, with my own research, and first hand observations. How about you really dwell into Psychology, then you'll see as I do.

This discussion will be pointless, you'll defend what you believe is right without an open mind. I don't need to elaborate on my statements, I am open to change my formulation if you care to bring evidence to the table that'll tip the scales.

Pick apart my argument, look for my contradictions, look for my errors, and ultimately prove I'm wrong. If you do so I'll admit I'm incorrect, but currently all you've done is ask me questions.

To join in on what you started;

Why are you asking me where I got this idea?
Why does it matter who it came from?
Do you have your own information you'd wish to share?
Why did you only ask questions?
What's the point?
What were you planning?