Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 5:26 am

Is anyone else just fascinated with ink pens, especially the retractable, take apart kind where you can examine the intricate components?

They just fascinate me. Every single part so amazing and spectacular.

Unfortunately, I was examining one and I dropped the spring and can't find it. :(

Kokibro
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2012, 5:38 am

Yeah I like pens and have a large collection. I used to take them apart and eat them at school, all the parts are edible except for the ink tube that never tasted good and made a hell of a mess. (Note: There's no nutritional value in eating pens but that never stopped me)

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 5:42 am

I wouldn't recommend eating plastic or metal, as that can cut the intestines.

Although onetime I did swallow a Sacajawea dollar while watching Hamlet. I guess that's why my parents told me to not put things in my mouth.

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 5:48 am

I love pens and always have. I grew up in the US Army and had thousands of the black US government pens; I could change the order of their insides to make a single shot retractable-pen-guts-gun.

I still have a couple of those pens. and they still work. They are a skill craft product; I think blind people make them. I REALLY love Fisher Space pens. They really do write straight from the freezer, underwater; you could bake one in a casserole, take it out and it would still write.

I love the smell of space ink, and other oil based inks also. I have a sensitive nose. It smells good though.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 12:34 pm

Aharon has a terrific avatar!

Sylkat

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 2:00 pm

Sylkat wrote:
Aharon has a terrific avatar!

Sylkat

Thank you. I'm a huge HTTYD fan; am excited about the upcoming sequel, though I'm nervous they'll turn it into a cash cow and ruin it like Disney did with The Lion King.

My previous avatar was a shot of the bunny from the video for the song Everyone Else Has Had More Sex Than Me. He kind of had that blank "huh?" look on his face. I like this one for Toothless's expression; a rather intense, inquisitive, somewhat alien and yet very innocent and benevolent stare; a tribute to the autistic mind.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

Jitro
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2012, 3:28 pm

What about pencils? Anyone have an interest in them?

CSBurks
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 4:56 am

Pencils are just too rough feeling, while pens are smooth because the ink flows out.

But here is a movie about the pencil.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYO3tOqDISE[/youtube]

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 5:13 am

I massively prefer the feeling of an ink pen, but have never owned one expensive enough not to get ink all over my fingers. But one I still own I think was described as 'flight-proof' and would have been destroyed many times in the past if it were not.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2012, 1:03 pm

I also love ink pens. I like to do ink drawings when I can't connect to the Internet or if the power goes out during the day.