Have you ever been witch-hunted by one person or multiple...

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:39 pm

...for a quite some long time?

How did it end up and what happened?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jan 2013, 12:47 pm

What? Didn't the witch hunts die down long ago?

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 12:49 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

Not really ment literally, but more like "targetted" to screw over.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

24 Jan 2013, 12:52 pm

Uprising wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

*literal interpretation strikes again!*

I see what you mean. :lol:

It seems more common among younger generations; picking out the weakest link because they're not like other kids. Most of us know what that's like firsthand.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:02 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

*literal interpretation strikes again!*

I see what you mean. :lol:

It seems more common among younger generations; picking out the weakest link because they're not like other kids. Most of us know what that's like firsthand.

Personally I think it's more common among adults, because they think further in their plans to screw someone over and have a better knowledge of THE LAW.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:07 pm

That's true, especially in politics. :chin:

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

You think the bullying tactics of kids are more cruel than the stuff politicians do daily?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

Uprising wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:

You think the bullying tactics of kids are more cruel than the stuff politicians do daily?

I'm more immersed in the bullying tactics than I am in politics (don't forget that I'm just a teenager). It's just the first thing I think of.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2013, 2:23 pm

The last instance I can think of was actually in a work situation. There was some verbal harassment, which I ignored and the shift supervisor kept complaining about me to the head boss. Luckily, the boss liked me because I worked damn hard and my production numbers were good. I could see something like that happening quite often in an office or corporate setting where so much office politics come into play. I'd never even attempt a scenario like that.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 1:25 pm

When I was a teenager, my mom and I lived in an apartment building where the other tenants ganged up on us because they were all druggies thieves and were afraid we were going to rat them out. They shot our dog (while we were home!), and when we went to my aunt's house to stay for a few days, they broke in by taking the back door off the hinges and stole our TV. But a couple weeks later, we found a different TV on the front lawn.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 1:35 pm

Fairly often, usually by the "cool kids" at work trying to weed out the guy who does far better work than they... or outshines the supervisors (which makes them feel threatened.)

It's even happened right here on WP by a couple members who know how to get other members rallying to their "side" and suck up to the mods and get them to use their ban hammer, thus inflict suffering by proxy rather than directly.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 1:46 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
When I was a teenager, my mom and I lived in an apartment building where the other tenants ganged up on us because they were all druggies thieves and were afraid we were going to rat them out. They shot our dog (while we were home!), and when we went to my aunt's house to stay for a few days, they broke in by taking the back door off the hinges and stole our TV. But a couple weeks later, we found a different TV on the front lawn.

WTF!

Why did they target you and your family?
How did you get to know them?
Were they just there just to f**k you over?
Or did they had an appartment there too?

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 1:58 pm

Uprising wrote:
Mindsigh wrote:

WTF!

Why did they target you and your family?
How did you get to know them?
Were they just there just to f**k you over?
Or did they had an appartment there too?

One guy was there when we moved in. He was a truck driver who lost his license from a DUI and his mom was a drunk and she lived with him. They lived directly under us. Then a coke dealer who was a judge's son moved in across the hall from us. There was a kinda nice gay couple who lived downstairs from coke-boy, but they broke up and the guy who stayed kinda went off the rails a bit and had a whole troupe of drag queens living there until they got evicted and a couple whose deal I could not figure out moved in to the gays' apartment. The girl of this couple was really mean. The couple and the judge's son partied together on their balconies a lot and the drunk people liked to party with them and they all started doing drugs together and decided that since my mom wasn't into drugs and I was just a kid that they wanted someone more like themselves in the apartment we lived in, so they harrassed us like crazy. The landlord didn't care and my mom was scared to call the police.

I had a rather unconventional upbringing, to say the least. :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 2:14 pm

I was "That Weird Kid" in my neighborhood, so I was rounded up with the usual suspects whenever there was a break-in, a suspicious fire, some tagging or other vandalism, or when someone's dog suddenly died for no apparent reason. Sometimes I was the only suspect rounded up and questioned, just because I "looked guilty".

The worst part was when the people performing the interrogations would say something like "We already know you did it, so if you confess, it will be much better for you". That's when I* knew they were just looking for someone to take the blame.

It's a good thing for me that I watched a lot of Perry Mason and learned about my right to remain silent...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 3:50 pm

Way too many times. I no longer go to church because of it.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 3:21 am

Lots of times. Most recently it's been the caretaker of the apartment building I live in... so I just stay away from him and lay low now.