It's the unconventional beauty thread!

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 5:09 pm

So this is pretty self-explanatory. This is the thread where we will celebrate unconventional beauty, and in particular certain features that are not considered to be 'beautiful' in the eyes of the masses. This way, we'll shift the focus from the models -male and female- you always see in glossy magazines, the Hollywood faces who have or have not had any help through cosmetic surgery, et cetery, et cetery. So celebrities whom you think these aesthetic conventions do not apply to, would fit nicely in this thread as well. But we won't limit it to celebrities.

Pictures are optional and very welcome.

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 7:25 pm

Willem Dafoe

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 7:56 pm

Random Chinese Farmer
nǐ hǎo

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 9:42 am

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 10:04 am

A lot of people say she looks like a man because she's easily 150lbs, muscular, has strong facial features, and destroys her opponents in MMA fights... I don't think she looks like a man at all.

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 4:56 pm

Ahh, excellent submissions so far, troops.

I should have mentioned: you don't have to limit yourself to posting pictures- it's also cool if you don't post a picture, but have an anecdote instead, or simply your own observations.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

I know the following isn't really in the exact spirit of the thread but I felt compelled to add it.

Quote:
“When a woman of the Ubuntu African tribe knows she is pregnant, she goes to the jungle with other women, and together they pray and meditate until you get to “The song of the child. “When a child is born, the community gets together and they sing the child’s song. When the child begins his education, people get together and he sings his song. When they become an adult, they get together again and sing it. When it comes to your wedding, the person hears his song. Finally, when their soul is going from this world, family and friends are approaching and, like his birth, sing their song to accompany it in the “journey”.

“In the Ubuntu tribe, there is another occasion when men sing the song. If at some point the person commits a crime or aberrant social act, they take him to the center of town and the people of the community form a circle around her. Then they sing “your song.” The tribe recognizes that the correction for antisocial behavior is not punishment, but is the love and memory of his true identity. When we recognize our own song, we have no desire or need to hurt anyone.

“Your friends know “your song”. And sing when you forget it. Those who love you can not be fooled by mistakes you have committed, or dark images you show to others. They remember your beauty as you feel ugly, your total when you’re broke, your innocence when you feel guilty and your purpose when you’re confused.”
Tolba Phanem
African poet

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 5:49 pm

Rascal77s wrote:

I know the following isn't really in the exact spirit of the thread but I felt compelled to add it.

Quote:
“When a woman of the Ubuntu African tribe knows she is pregnant, she goes to the jungle with other women, and together they pray and meditate until you get to “The song of the child. “When a child is born, the community gets together and they sing the child’s song. When the child begins his education, people get together and he sings his song. When they become an adult, they get together again and sing it. When it comes to your wedding, the person hears his song. Finally, when their soul is going from this world, family and friends are approaching and, like his birth, sing their song to accompany it in the “journey”.

“In the Ubuntu tribe, there is another occasion when men sing the song. If at some point the person commits a crime or aberrant social act, they take him to the center of town and the people of the community form a circle around her. Then they sing “your song.” The tribe recognizes that the correction for antisocial behavior is not punishment, but is the love and memory of his true identity. When we recognize our own song, we have no desire or need to hurt anyone.

“Your friends know “your song”. And sing when you forget it. Those who love you can not be fooled by mistakes you have committed, or dark images you show to others. They remember your beauty as you feel ugly, your total when you’re broke, your innocence when you feel guilty and your purpose when you’re confused.”
Tolba Phanem
African poet

Also, to the person a few posts above, muscled women are smokin' hot imo.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2013, 6:55 pm

MONKEY wrote:

What is that?

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 1:05 am

Rascal77s wrote:

Quote:

Tolba Phanem
African poet

That is beautiful. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 3:30 am

Crispin Glover

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 4:51 am

Rascal77s wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

What is that?

Crying face, because that post tugged my heart strings.

Rascal77s
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 4:58 am

MONKEY wrote:
Rascal77s wrote:
MONKEY wrote:

What is that?

Crying face, because that post tugged my heart strings.

Oh I see now. I thought it was some sort of scared face.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 5:26 am

That pic of the mother and the baby evoked the same emotion in me as in MONKEY.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 5:29 am

CyclopsSummers wrote:
the Hollywood faces who have or have not had any help through cosmetic surgery

Funny thing, the majority of the celebs people tend to find beautiful, I don't find them beautiful at all. They don't appeal to me. The only actors I find really beautiful are Elijah Wood and Eun-Kyung Shin.

I have to give it some though to come up with someone for this thread...
The guys in the links below are supposed to be ugly, but they just look average to me. Personally I wouldn't have noticed any of them (beyond disliking their colors). I don't find them good looking though, so they don't fit in with this thrad...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Nilsen
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahn_Teigen

I still can't come up with a good example for this thread though.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2013, 6:06 am

Grace Jones, does she count as unconventional? I've always found her unusually entrancing.