Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 4:56 pm

I have very bad teeth, every time I see my dentist, which happens every week as of the last month, he finds at least one new cavity, when we think I'm already done with this - this time, as of today, he found two and later I found another one - a well hidden one, small but still. Do you have good and strong teeth or on the opposite?

Gazelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 5:02 pm

I would say good teeth overall, it is just that I have bruxism and TMJ so I must be very careful. In the past I wore braces and had to have 4 teeth permanently removed so when three wisdom teeth came in I had only one wisdom tooth removed. I now need braces again as some teeth have moved some.

Last edited by Gazelle on 28 Mar 2013, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ames76
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

My teeth are horrible! I have cavities all over the place.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 6:12 pm

My Nan was always giving us toffees, when I joined the Military, they don't bother fixing cavities, they just yank out the imperfect teeth, 4 in my case, one from each side, top and bottom, hence I have now very gappy teeth from the side.
Combined with the fact I have 4 canine Dracula would have been proud of, if I move my mouth to the side so my side teeth are visible, I look very much like an early Horror movie star, especially if I growl at the same time.

A couple of positives though, I go to the dentist maybe once every decade, the dental hygienist said I had the cleanest teeth she had ever seen.

All my wisdom teeth have come through, there is so much room for them that I haven't had to have them removed.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 6:22 pm

I have good teeth - despite problems with brushing my teeth as a child, being a smoker for 12 years, and having not seen a dentist in almost 12 years...I've no major problems, and unlike most people I know I've never had any fillings either.

Due to sucking my thumb I had a huge gap in my front teeth, they kept putting off giving me a brace until my adult teeth came through and after having to remove a couple of teeth (one didn't have an adult tooth above it, two were growing into an overbite rather than pushing baby teeth out) it was decided it was too late so they just did some cosmetic work, which is looking a little worn-out now. That plus my lower teeth being a bit crowded are my only problems with my teeth.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 6:23 pm

indifferent.

Drehmaschine
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 7:49 pm

Mine are like this
but more sharp and small, like Lizard Man.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 9:00 pm

I have good teeth, but it's probably because of all the milk I consume.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 9:03 pm

They look awful, but physically they're quite sound...

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 9:58 pm

Never had a cavity.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 11:56 pm

My teeth look fine and I take care of them, but yeah they are bad from a cavity standpoint. I really hate it, because I spend more time on my teeth than just about anyone I know, but still get tons of cavities. I brush twice a day for 3min each, floss twice a day, use special mouthwash 3x a day, completely cut out sugared beverages from my diet...but I still have 1 or two every time I see the dentist. I even tried taking calcium supplements for a while. Been like that my whole life too, they tell me I just have soft enamel.

The sad thing is I used to have a roommate who would drink 2-3 cokes a day and brush maybe once a day if he felt like it, he had never had a cavity in his life and his teeth looked perfect.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 11:58 pm

my mouth is full of metal. in terms of fundage that went to various dentists over the decades, i have a lexus parked in my mouth. :oops:

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 12:30 am

I had to give up sweet drinks(mostly flavored creamer). All that sugar just killed my teeth, so thank goodness for white fillings... :)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 12:34 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have good teeth, but it's probably because of all the milk I consume.

That's a fallacy - milk does nothing for teeth, despite the marketing campaigns. I'd praise other factors for having good teeth.

I've been lucky... no major issues so far (I had a few cavities when I was a careless non-brushing teenager - none since.) I brush & floss daily just to make sure!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 12:49 am

having bad body ph balance will contribute to weak teeth.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2013, 1:56 am

auntblabby wrote:
my mouth is full of metal. in terms of fundage that went to various dentists over the decades, i have a lexus parked in my mouth. :oops:

This made me laugh. :)

My teeth look pretty good, and are pretty strong, but it's always a struggle to keep the gums clean for some reason.