Futuristic Things That Should Be Invented

Page 2 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 8:25 pm

alpineglow wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
eating is inefficient as it is done today. a food pill would take so much less time, just pop a pill and be done with it.

Here you go. Not quite a pill, but close.
http://blog.soylent.me/

the public water fountains of the future should have two nozzles- one for soylent and the other one that instantly sanitizes/de-plaques the mouth and teeth. :idea: that would kill two birds with one stone- universal nutrition [no more starvation or food insecurity] and universal dental health care. :idea: :idea:

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 9:27 pm

Every cell phone should have solar capability to recharge from the suns light... this is the 21st century, it's bs we should wait another 20 years for this.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2013, 9:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
who needs TP when there are bidet toilets that also blow dry?

So you are saying that I need to get some hot air blown up my a$$? 8O

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jul 2013, 9:46 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
A food generator like on Star Trek that can turn out any meal you can think of.

Not like the one in 2001 that put slightly solidified goo on a plate.

Yes, that's what I need!
Off topic.. Where does all the dirty dishes go in StarTrek?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2013, 11:12 pm

EmberEyes wrote:
Off topic.. Where does all the dirty dishes go in StarTrek?

the scriptwriters wrote them out of existence. that is a germ of an idea, being able to script reality. :idea:

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2013, 9:32 am

The tricorders are about to come out in many fields actually. There's a company developing hand held multi-sensor equipment which they claim they want to become the real life version of tricorders. They have a medical version, a science version and a 'common use' version.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2018, 5:57 pm

I think time travel through wormholes and the ability to use genetic engineering to make severe Autistics moderately Autistic.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2018, 6:02 pm

cars that with the push of a button can turn into houses, and vice-versa, for those wicked traffic jams.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 4:01 pm

I don't think I'd like eating food pills unless I was literally starving to death. I would miss the pleasure of eating an actual meal too much.

Diet pills that actually work or can decrease the fat and calories in food without affecting the flavor, however... and of course there would be no harmful side effects.

Or something that would make us immune to extreme heat and freezing cold. We'd be able to go out wearing whatever we wanted, we could go swimming at any time of the year, save a ton of money on hot water, and hypothermia and heatstroke would be things of the past. Of course, so would be seasonable clothing, and the companies that make them wouldn't like that, I'm sure. Oh well. :mrgreen:

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 4:08 pm

I think there should be something invented that helps severely Autistic people support themselves.

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 May 2018, 5:25 pm

I like the idea about the flying cars, and the food pill. When I was younger, my mother used to drink slim fast. I know it is for dieting, but it is also a good source of all the nutrients you need each day. I recently purchased lots of slim fast, and have been thinking about a pure slim fast diet to see if it is possible to survive without eating just drinking a slim fast or nutrient drink each mealtime (this would also be good for people on the go). I thought about flying cars too, and maybe they could just have tall traffic lights that go up into the air? Or they could have something that they invent that would suspend in the air somehow? Or use radios or sensors of some kind to sense out other aircars. What do planes do?

RobBAutsider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2018, 6:50 pm

Wireless electricity. Not the kind of wireless energy transfer that can charge batteries, but usefull electricity that for instance powers household appliances.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:17 pm

Holodecks, food replicators, stargates, gravity control technology, zero-point energy sources, anagathics, panaceas...

I would also include "FTL engines" but that would require finding a loophole in the Principle of Causality.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 7:35 pm

ChurchGoingGirl wrote:
I like the idea about the flying cars, and the food pill. When I was younger, my mother used to drink slim fast. I know it is for dieting, but it is also a good source of all the nutrients you need each day. I recently purchased lots of slim fast, and have been thinking about a pure slim fast diet to see if it is possible to survive without eating just drinking a slim fast or nutrient drink each mealtime (this would also be good for people on the go). I thought about flying cars too, and maybe they could just have tall traffic lights that go up into the air? Or they could have something that they invent that would suspend in the air somehow? Or use radios or sensors of some kind to sense out other aircars. What do planes do?

slimfast is designed to tide you over until you can get a real nutritious meal, it lacks proper long-term nutritive qualities on its own. make it a staple dietary item at your own risk [of chronic malnutrition]. and for aircars to be a workable thing, it would have to be totally automated with a system of computerized AI regulation hubs that could "see" all aircars at once, knowing the behavior of each one without fail. other than that, some airplanes have radars which can detect the presence of other aircraft encroaching on individual air space, or the pilot just has to swivel his or her head at all the right times and looksee the aeronautical environment around him or her, to avoid interlopers which could collide mid-air and prang them both.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 8:49 pm

An on/off button for my brain or a sleep/timer button where I can set myself to be as good as dead for as long as I want.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 9:50 pm

^^^but if you're asleep whose gonna flip the switch back on?