Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 5:08 pm

[off topic]
I just wanted to say a little about my habit relating to what EmberEyes and Belfast wrote.

I do have very strictly indoor-only footwear. I have boots to wear indoors to keep my feet warm because it's winter now and my feet get painfully cold. I bought them specifically to wear indoors. Never outside. I also have slippers/thongs to wear in the kitchen. Also ones for the laundry/bathroom area. They are all strictly for those locations. Not even one step on the wrong area. It's that strict. And of course I never wear outdoor shoes inside. I don't even let other people in my house because they don't/can't follow my strict rules.
[/off topic]

I love the feeling of being barefoot. Shoes and socks make my feet kind of damp and I don't like it.

EmberEyes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Aug 2013, 5:46 pm

Belfast wrote:
EmberEyes wrote:
I used to be barefoot all the time growing up, but now I always wear shoes outside. Too much broken glass and vomit and other nasty stuff on the sidewalks.
I wear indoor shoes (slippers or sandals bought for the purpose of wearing inside) because I have cats and there are always some sand on the floors, even five seconds after vaccuuming. I think it's because my cats all have long fur, and the sand sort of sticks to the fur, so when they are done, they just sand everything when they move around the house no matter how much I clean.

The slippers issue:
I think people mean literal bare (no sox, no slippers) feet when answering this question/thread.

OP asked if anyone perferred barefoot, I interpreted that as being OK to voice opinions about not perferring barefoot as well. My response to the precieved question was: I used to prefer being barefoot, but now days; it's not really an option outside, and I don't like barefoot inside because of the cat sand. I am sorry if I misinterpreted the OP's question.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2013, 6:45 pm

EmberEyes wrote:
Belfast wrote:
EmberEyes wrote:
I used to be barefoot all the time growing up, but now I always wear shoes outside. Too much broken glass and vomit and other nasty stuff on the sidewalks.
I wear indoor shoes (slippers or sandals bought for the purpose of wearing inside) because I have cats and there are always some sand on the floors, even five seconds after vaccuuming. I think it's because my cats all have long fur, and the sand sort of sticks to the fur, so when they are done, they just sand everything when they move around the house no matter how much I clean.

The slippers issue:
I think people mean literal bare (no sox, no slippers) feet when answering this question/thread.

OP asked if anyone perferred barefoot, I interpreted that as being OK to voice opinions about not perferring barefoot as well. My response to the precieved question was: I used to prefer being barefoot, but now days; it's not really an option outside, and I don't like barefoot inside because of the cat sand. I am sorry if I misinterpreted the OP's question.

I wasn't taking anyone to task for their opinions/responses to thread.
Was merely answering about my belief of what was meant by the term "barefoot".
No harm, no foul.

RenegadeRaven
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Aug 2013, 12:18 am

When the soles of your feet are constantly black, you know you walk around in your bare feet too much! :lol:

Indoors, around the house, my driveway, etc. I prefer my bare feet. I wear shoes when I am around society, when exercising since I sweat too much and could slip barefoot, and in hazardous conditions.

They are certainly hideous with my calluses! You have been warned...

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

09 Oct 2013, 7:33 pm

I LOVE being barefoot :D