Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2007, 10:54 pm

No, and I don't plan to, it's a waste of money (insurance, car payment, getting it fixed and maintained) my feet get me around fine as does my bike, and if I need to go somewhere distant public transport, or I can get one of my relatives too take me.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

TG
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2007, 11:00 pm

I wish we had better public transport here, but I'm so remote that a car is the only way to get anywhere...
They are a pain in the wallet, that's true.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 12:49 am

TG wrote:
Ticker wrote:
I even drove myself to the clinic 45 minutes away with two broken legs after crawling 1/4 mile to get to the car. Cell phone didn't get reception where I was so that was the only way to get help.

WHOLLY CRAP!! I can't imagine!
Now I'm nervous... :( It's snowing like crazy outside, I have to drive that bendy road to work in the morning....
Oh, well...Ive done it many times before.

If its any consolation I broke my legs while at the lake after a morning of trout fishing not in the snow. The lake is surrounded by large boulders and as I was walking back towards the car I stepped on a very large boulder and the darn thing flipped with me on it. My tackle box saved me from getting a head injury.

Just be cautious in the snow, drive slow. It also helps to know your car's recommended tire pressure and keep the tires properly inflated. You can usually find a sticker in either th glove box or door jam that tells the specific tire pressure for your car. I now carry a snow shovel and ice melt in the car during winter just in case of getting stuck.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 8:31 am

I want to, but I am afraid to because some of the drivers in my town are really dangerous.

MelancholyBunny
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 4:23 pm

I don't drive and while i'd like to learn at some point, just in case, i'd rather walk.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 4:32 pm

I'm going to learn to drive when I'm older.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

05 Feb 2007, 4:48 pm

Alternative wrote:

You mean when you learn how to steal a car.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2007, 4:48 pm

TheMachine1 wrote:
Alternative wrote:

You mean when you learn how to steal a car.

:lol: Probably. You never know. :wink:

Cybrludite
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Feb 2007, 2:46 am

Drive nightly to & from work. Thankfully that now means five miles each way and not nintey-six.

xxrobertoxx
Raven
Raven

08 Feb 2007, 4:25 pm

I drive. I don't mind driving at all except for the fact that it does cost money and I am obsessed with keeping my car in perfect alignment, LOL. I want it to be very efficient and all. I also like to think that I am a good drive. I never go more then 5 miles over the speed limit and am very aware of what other cars around me ar doing and don't care about whos car is faster then whos and would never race anyone no matter how much kids in my class sometimes talk about racing and such. It's just not good because so many bad things can happen because of it and getting in an accident from driving way too fast and such. I drive like a normal person and not like the average teenager. I guess I am proud of that. I also like to take real good care of my car and I like synthetic oil and just want my car to be running as long as possible by me taking the best care of it that I can.

dearvalued
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Feb 2007, 2:40 pm

i would perfer to drive a motorcycle rather than drive a car.

yeah it makes every car driver a little safer but then I take the risk of getting into a fatal car accident with this slight mental disability that I have such as, losing focus and random things going in my mind that I seem to easly get distracted but I try to fight it.

besides, i would rather use a bicycle so i can try to get rid of my obesity of mine.

bottom line is, if you don't drive any street legal vehicle , there a good chance especially in southern california that I may get mugged by gangs.

BeautyWithin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Feb 2007, 2:58 pm

I'm 28 and I don't drive.
Been meaning to learn though.