Page 3 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 12:52 pm

If I woke up in 1995 tomorrow morning, I would be 5 years old again.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Dec 2013, 1:37 pm

I get what you mean now Fisplen. I'd preach the horrors of the stock market crash, 9/11, the Iraq war, & income inequality skyrocketing as a result of G. Bush being elected in 2000.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CharityFunDay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 2:46 pm

1) I would have had precisely one 'go' on the internet
2) I would still be fascinated with Princess Diana and her various exploits
3) I would still be watching the gradual implosion of John Major's government
4) I would still be taking 'e' every weekend whether I liked it or not
5) I would still be living in a haunted flat and having to visit the launderette every weekend
6) All four of my grandparents would still be alive (and I would still love them dearly)
7) Timmy Mallett would still be a kid's show star
8) Orbital's "Snivilisation" would still be at the top of my chill-down tracks
9) As would White Lines' "Mezannine"
10) 'Scallywag' would still be interesting and scandalous
11) There would still be 15-something boys wearing their red-strappy trousers back to front
12) Take That would be on the verge of splitting up, with Robbie WIlliams going though his 'fat' Glasto career break
13) HIGNFY would only be in its seventh year!
14) Virginia Bottomley would will be regarded as a potential Tory leader
15) Cigarettes would still only be £3.40 for twenty
16) You could still actually go out for a night on £25
17) Only a very few people had mobile phones, and consequently made a great deal about receiving calls on then
18) Madchester was still a thing, and changing the way people wore suits to go ''clubbing'
19) Proper home computing just becoming available, but the internet being a bit 'upmarket and futuristic'
20) Smoking still allowed in workplaces

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2013, 4:55 pm

nick007 wrote:
I get what you mean now Fisplen. I'd preach the horrors of the stock market crash, 9/11, the Iraq war, & income inequality skyrocketing as a result of G. Bush being elected in 2000.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 12:27 am

I would be going on my first cruise. I would be going to vegas for the first time, and buying my first home. I would have just a bit of a crush on Bill Clinton and would stay fit by walking to the library everyday. If I wanted to avoid talking to someone on the phone, and didn't answer it, people would assume that I wasn't home. I would be vp of our local Jaycees. I would just then be getting interested in politics. If I wanted to get fast food I would go to Wendys because it was the only fast food place that allowed smoking. I would be telling one of my kids to throw up on the principals shoe, in front of the principal [wait, that was early 1994 AND along story] I would be as madly in love with the man on the bed next to me now as I still am.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

02 Dec 2013, 12:46 am

I also remember that in 1995, in the CFL the one and only time an American-based team won the Grey Cup happened. It was the Baltimore Stallions against the Calgary Stampeders at Taylor Field in Regina, SK. 37-20, Baltimore over Calgary. It was unbelieveable.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

bearsandsyrup
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2013, 1:00 am

Buy a ton of stock in Apple, AOL (but sell it all once 7.0-ish was released), Google, and Amazon (as they respectively came up).

Join the Air Force as an intelligence officer and get to work with some really cool innovations and developments in ISR over the years.

Hope to God that my husband and daughter were transported back with me.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 5:45 am

I would immediately sell everything I own that wasn't absolutely necessary to living and find a good bookie. Then I would proceed to bet on football and win so much money that I'd be rich by now. I'd continue this betting all the way through to right now, then I'd quit, because I don't know who wins in the future.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 5:46 am

I'd remind myself to get an SNES and a copy of EarthBound. Fast forward 18 years, and that game is now a rarity. (With copies fetching upwards of $150+!)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 9:51 am

Go to art school.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 11:09 am

I'd get diagnosed with AS again just like I was in 1995 the first time around when I was a teenager. Some of the recently-diagnosed wannabes on here could do that too. :idea:

Also would consider warning the feds about the impending Oklahoma City Bombing which took place that year although it would alter history.

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

Well, if I woke up as an 11/12-year-old with my 30-year-old brain, I'd see if I could still play guitar. If I can, I'd keep practicing and become an even better musician. I'd also really have to work hard to undo all the social damage my younger self caused at school.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 10:21 pm

Aah, to be 8 years old again........ and to hope that the Seattle Mariners would've reached their first World Series in history (the Cleveland Indians just had to ruin everything in the ALCS that year).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 10:23 pm

determined to save a LOT more money!

TheTigress
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2013, 1:23 am

I'd wait a few years and buy up as many Google stocks as I could.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 2:11 pm

Fisplen wrote:
Here's a scenario , You wake up in the year 1995. What do You do?
Remember , Internet then was a luxury of the rich , and was very basic ( could only read and receive information , and shopping online was a new thing , no games or videos or fun stuff )
Playstation 1 had only just come about.
Google and most other things You use daily on the Internet did not yet exist or were very primitive.
Bill Clinton is the President of the US and likewise John Major is the prime minister of the UK.
9/11 has not yet happened.
Mobile phones were clunky and they hadn't evolved past the antenna yet.
Laptops are also a luxury enjoyed by few.
Tvs are mostly grey and clunky.
School classrooms are using blackboards/whiteboards.
The mainstream music of the time is pop.
Big girl and boy bands dominated the scene.
Um, there were games out, but a lot of them was either Doom, Wolfenstein or early Quake. Most of the other big name games were on consoles like Nintendo, Sega, and so on. :wink:

In 1995, I was 15. If I went back to this time, my sister would still be alive, and my previous cat would still be alive. What I would do in this time would be to tell my sister that she'll die in 2004, but she can change that now if she stops doing what she is doing and changes her path. I would remind myself (my 15 year old self) that Kitty will die in 2006, that if his diet is changed now and he gets extra checkups later to detect an intestinal cancer (what he died from) he'll probably make it past 15. Lastly, I would tell myself to get my hormones checked to make sure they're OK (they might be messed up now, I'm not sure.)

The only problem though is that doing this might alter a person's future for the worse because it's changing a whole lot of variables. Plus other people who would have interacted with you in the normal events of the previous timeline would have had their futures altered, because you might have been at a place or with a person because of your negative situation to minutely influence a decision or prevent (in the normal timeline) something bad, which in the new timeline is no longer there.