If you could have a super power what would it be?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

This_Space_Intentionally_Left_Blank
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2016, 11:34 am

I’ve thought about this a lot. Each one comes with benefits and drawbacks and I wouldn’t want to waste it. Being able to read people’s minds, for example, was always at the top of my list. The problem with that one is I have too much noise in my head already without having to hear all random thoughts in other people’s heads. I think this would be such a curse it would destroy me. Mind control has similar issues and any super power that was obvious to others would ruin your life.

Invisibility is a good one, but you are likely to get run over by a car or worse. I still think I’d go with invisibility though so I could hide.

What do you think?

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 11:41 am

I think invisibility is good, but I've always wanted to fly. I might get hit by a plane or freeze if I go too high, but it'll be worth the risk.

Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2016, 11:44 am

248RPA wrote:
I think invisibility is good, but I've always wanted to fly. I might get hit by a plane or freeze if I go too high, but it'll be worth the risk.

Me too! But you'd be seen, and never be left alone again.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 12:33 pm

This_Space_Intentionally_Left_Blank wrote:
248RPA wrote:

I could go to an uninhabited place and fly at night. Or I could fly to a mountain or island and become a hermit.

Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 May 2016, 12:38 pm

248RPA wrote:
248RPA wrote:

I could go to an uninhabited place and fly at night. Or I could fly to a mountain or island and become a hermit.

Super Man style, or with wings?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 1:06 pm

Omniscience.

For instance, knowing that this same topic has been posted at least twice in the past may prove useful one day.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 1:50 pm

Super Man style, or with wings?

Superman style.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 3:16 pm

1.} Invisibility

2.} Shape Shifting

3.} Super Speed

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

15 May 2016, 5:53 pm

I'd like telekinesis because I wouldn't have to get up to get water or something. I'd also like mind-control because it would make dealing with people easier. If I'm having a problem with a customer service rep or someone is being difficult with me, I could have them do things in my favor.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 5:56 pm

I would like to have the ability to look into my future so I don't have to feel uncertain about how things are going to pan out.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 6:57 pm

Time travel if that could be counted. So many regrets I'd like to undo. Plus I'd like to find out once and for all how we got here (not looking for a discussion on that one...)

If time travel didn't count, then immortality.

If that's too much than I'd take a Midas touch I could actually live with. Like only what I touch with my next to last tow on my left foot turns to gold.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 7:27 pm

Either the ability to copy other people's powers or redirecting many attacks in the opposite direction. So that way whenever I'm up against antagonizing people who are being offensive, I want to make them know what it's like being against those with the same abilities and realizing how they're being brutal and hurtful when they use them for their own selfish gains. Believe me, I've actually met some people who believed that they can do whatever they want, they believed they have the right to bully and abuse other people deliberately, and it really sickens me! Believe it!

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2016, 10:38 pm

I have thought about this a lot, and although it's not a conventional super power I would definitely choose controlling the outcome of otherwise random quantum events. It seems pretty lame at first, but with it I could make absurdly unlikely quantum events happen as much as I want. I could fly, teleport, make anything materialize anywhere, make anything disappear or explode, become invisible, control people's minds, control magnetism, be immortal, and assuming some currently unproven theories are correct I could create wormholes, control gravity, control time (to an extent), visit alternate universes, travel at warp speed, create universes, and just about anything else you can think of. It would be the best superpower ever!

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 12:11 am

if I could just read people's minds from a distance, that would help me a lot. :idea:

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 May 2016, 2:37 pm

Beam (copy ability)! !! Kirby looks super cute with his specter and jester hat, and can eletrocute enimes with his beam powers! I wanna be beam too :heart: that would be my super power :heart: :wink:

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2016, 3:13 pm

Reading minds would be cool; I'd like to know what other people think and feel. Flying would be fun as well. And being able to heal people or grant wishes.