Thread for people who actually like Christmas

Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 1:50 am

pete1061 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Oh sure, it's considered chic to hate Christmas on these boards, but I do enjoy it.

So please put aside the negativity and have a Merry Christmas ! !

Chic? no, people genuine dislike the holiday. Every holiday as a matter of fact. Holidays are useless and make no sense.
Some of us are just naturally negative people and incapable of seeing the world any other way.

Yeah, I wouldn't call it chic. I can see why people with major social problems would dislike Christmas.
Since I don't get lonely and I like pretty lights and sparkly things and presents (yes, I'm 6 years old), I like Christmas.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 2:00 am

Holidays are awesome. They [often] mean you aren't forced to go to work and/or school to be around a whole heap of people that you usually hate.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 6:12 am

billiscool wrote:
I love looking at christmas stuff

Me too; I went out looking at Christmas lights last night.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 6:50 am

Christmas lights are so cheap to buy now so more and more houses have them.

I'm the only one in my complex that bothered to put any decorations outside (tinsel over my balcony railing and front shrub). Not even the neighbour put her usual wreath on her door.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 6:57 am

I've got the dinner on.

Merry Christmas all!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2013, 7:53 am

My Christmas tree is drunk. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

26 Dec 2013, 4:44 pm

This Christmas has been wonderful for me. My mantra this holiday is: "Know what you've got." :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2013, 7:49 pm

pete1061 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Oh sure, it's considered chic to hate Christmas on these boards, but I do enjoy it.

Chic? no, people genuine dislike the holiday. Every holiday as a matter of fact. Holidays are useless and make no sense.
Some of us are just naturally negative people and incapable of seeing the world any other way.

The gift of negativity ??

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 11:23 am

pete1061 wrote:
Prof_Pretorius wrote:

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
The gift of negativity ??

"Ho Ho Ho", no! uncover these rites of pure festive cheer, and trace it back to our lords path.

Possibly striven for a sleigh to pass the passage of time, through our reminiscent losses. 8O

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 2:10 pm

Once I have finished my Christmas shopping and decorating, I'm pretty good for the rest of the season.

I don't have a billion things to do like so many other people. Two words: Not Married. Two more words: No kids. :mrgreen:

I don't have to do a lot of cooking since I always go to my parents for the holidays, and I know my parents enjoy having me over and appreciate the gifts I give them. And I appreciate them as well. :heart:

Today I said to my dad how the days are going by so fast, and then I added "Said no kid ever". :lol:
Yeah that's one thing I don't miss about Christmas as a kid: being ready to explode from having to wait for the start of vacation and trying to sleep on Christmas Eve.

Happy Holidays, everyone. :santa: :rendeer:

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 5:09 pm

I like Christmas, but I don't like going to see my family (I have 16 family members)

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 7:38 pm

I love Christmas! It's one of my favourite times of year and my favourite holiday after Halloween! :heart: :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 7:50 pm

I'm scarcely even really a Christian but I appreciate holidays in general. I party half the month, read more, drink wine and see family (incl. close friends I mean). I'm quite clear on the downsides of materialism, I try to gift knowledge.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Empathy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

There’s a reason why most people don’t see each other over the festivities, mainly because they can’t act any the wiser during the rest of the year and remain biased and unblessed even in fortunate tidings.

It’s widely known that people cringe of boredom and of all the cheap party food and beer, as well as the crap they put on telly, the only time that game becomes edible but.. you can still pull out all the stops and no one bats a cherry.

Apart from cashing out on gifts and stocking fillers, the attitude that you have to have a big family gathering and celebrate doesn’t attempt to cross anyone’s mind. Even with new additions.

I’m thinking twelve Christmases.

Gonna have to have a few pre Xmas drinks and conquer Crimbo madness....

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 8:57 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
My Christmas tree is drunk. Pictures to follow tomorrow.

I hope your tree won't drink & drive.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2015, 1:16 am

I loved Christmas as a kid, I never believed in Santa but I loved the carols and the presents, decorating the house, essentially the general positive atmosphere. Plus I was raised as a devout Catholic, every time someone mentioned Santa my parents would scowl under their breath 'that's not the true meaning of Christmas...'

Although I am now atheist (my Catholic school was extreme to the point where it put me off), I still appreciate how everyone seems to magically be more positive and treat each other better around Christmas time. I am by far the most organised in my family in terms of buying presents, apparently I am something of an expert at getting presents that are actually relevant and will actually be used and appreciated by the recipient, my parents both ask me what they should get for my other parent.

Now that I am not a kid anymore, I admit that the countless Santas everywhere, the Christmas ads on TV and the overdone carols (being a musician, this is 10x worse for me, I have to actually play them a million times, so I can't just ignore them) do annoy me, and like most aspies I don't exactly look forward to the annual big family gathering, but I just go along with it and enjoy the time off from uni and work.