Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

mjgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm

Hey everybody, I just wanted to tell you all something that I think needs to be heard. I feel so sad right now, and I wish something or someone could take my pain away. I'm giving up on my dream of meeting my favorite singer, Josh Groban. I have tried so hard to meet him, from posting videos of myself singing on YouTube for him to hear me, and I think my dream's gone. I never should have given in to my fantasies about him, and wish that I never went to his concert, only to become obsessed with him after that. Look, I'm sorry I'm being a downer, but I think that this is the safest place that I can be myself and tell all of you everything. Please help; anything would sound good right now. Thank you. :(

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 3:41 pm

Dear mjgirl, first, we have all been there, and being intelligent, emotional, but inarticulate Aspies, of COURSE we understand!

Everything you wrote can be echoed by almost every one of us, especially we female members of WP.

Have you visited The Haven?

You will find so many people with similar experiences to yours, who are there to express their problems or to ask for supportiveness.

And, of course you are fascinated by Josh Groban....everyone who has ever seen or heard him adores him!

That is why he 's a star!

Last edited by Sylkat on 27 Jan 2014, 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jan 2014, 7:54 pm

You don't have to give up on that dream but try to find a more original approach to meeting him than singing his songs. Post a vid on YouTube talking about how obsessed you are or freaking out when you hear about something about him. Then have someone submit it to Tosh.0 & if it crazy enough he might do a skit where he meets you & lets you meet Josh. Tosh has done stuff like that to with a couple people who freaked out over some celebs winning awards or something.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

Sometimes singers have competitions where you get to go backstage at concerts and meet them. You never know; you could win one of those.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

mjgirl wrote:
Hey everybody, I just wanted to tell you all something that I think needs to be heard. I feel so sad right now, and I wish something or someone could take my pain away. I'm giving up on my dream of meeting my favorite singer, Josh Groban. I have tried so hard to meet him, from posting videos of myself singing on YouTube for him to hear me, and I think my dream's gone. I never should have given in to my fantasies about him, and wish that I never went to his concert, only to become obsessed with him after that. Look, I'm sorry I'm being a downer, but I think that this is the safest place that I can be myself and tell all of you everything. Please help; anything would sound good right now. Thank you. :(

There's always the option of saving for a VIP pass. Those usually let you meet the band before or after the concert.