Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

Hi,

Today I did part 1 of 2 of a course about determining my personal values.
I found the course VERY difficult as it meant trying to understand "grey areas".

As part of the course homework I was asked to do an online test to find out what my inner character strengths are. I have taken the test, and here is the link if anyone else would like to:
:arrow: VIA Me
(The basic test is FREE, and is the one that the tutor told me to do).

My results were:

1). Judgement
2). Fareness
3). Creativity
4). Forgiveness
5). Honesty

If you take the test, please post your results :D

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2014, 3:26 pm

Humor
You like to laugh and tease. Bringing smiles to other people is important to you. You try to see the light side of all situations.

Judgment
Thinking things through and examining them from all sides are important aspects of who you are. You do not jump to conclusions, and you rely only on solid evidence to make your decisions. You are able to change your mind.

Prudence
You are a careful person, and your choices are consistently prudent ones. You do not say or do things that you might later regret.

Honesty
You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way. You are down to earth and without pretense; you are a "real" person.

Forgiveness
You forgive those who have done you wrong. You always give people a second chance. Your guiding principle is mercy and not revenge.

UndeadToaster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2014, 6:54 pm

I took the youth one and got
Love of learning
Forgiveness
Bravery (I disagree with this, I think)
Prudence
Judgement

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Feb 2014, 4:02 am

I checked Very Much Unlike Me a lot.

1~ Judgment
2~ Honesty
3~ Humility
4~ Prudence
5~ Leadership

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

GivePeaceAChance
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2014, 4:52 am

Character Strength # 1
Honesty
You are an honest person, not only by speaking the truth but by living your life in a genuine and authentic way. You are down to earth and without pretense; you are a "real" person.

Character Strength # 2
Love of learning
You love learning new things, whether in a class or on your own. You have always loved school, reading, and museums-anywhere and everywhere there is an opportunity to learn.

Character Strength # 3
Self-Regulation
You self-consciously regulate what you feel and what you do. You are a disciplined person. You are in control of your appetites and your emotions, not vice versa.

Character Strength # 4
Bravery
You are a courageous person who does not shrink from threat, challenge, difficulty, or pain. You speak up for what is right even if there is opposition. You act on your convictions.
Character Strength # 5

Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
You notice and appreciate beauty, excellence, and/or skilled performance in all domains of life, from nature to art to mathematics to science to everyday experience.

not so sure about #4 - never really felt that one, but it has been pointed out often by others so I guess it is true.