What were your favourite toys as a child?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 5:05 pm

What sort of toys do you remember as a child? I've got a few toys that I remember, and miss, from my childhood:-

-I got a toy kitchen for my 4th birthday, with all the little accessories that go with it. I also got a doll's pushchair for my 4th birthday, what I put my favourite teddy in (the teddy I got for my first Christmas)
-I got a Thomas the Tank Engine trainset for my 6th Christmas, with all the Thomas the Tank Engine trains with it
-I got a collection of Barbies, Polly Pockets, My Little Ponys, Betty Spaghetti dolls, beenie babies, Sylvanian families sets (Sylvanian boat and a house) and other little things like that what were all the craze at the time with children (and still are now I suppose)
-When I was aged 9-10, Pokemon had come in and was all the rage at school and I kind of got sucked into it aswell and ended up wanting Pokemon cards and Pokemon toys (I collected them all, which made me socially popular for a little while)
-When I was aged 8-11, I was all into the Sega Megadrive, and mostly played Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Mega Bomberman, the Jungle Book, Mickey House Adventures, Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3, and Tazmania
-Also when I was aged 8-11, I was into South Park, and I collected all the South Park figures and I got rather obsessed with it for a time
-For my 11th birthday I got a pop-up jungle thing what I loved#
-When I was 12 I was into the Simpsons and I collected lots of Simpsons figures

Sadly, after about the age of 13, I stopped playing with toys. Funnily enough, I was quite a conformer as a child.
What toys do you remember strongly as a child?

TheBlueEyedAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Dec 2012, 5:17 pm

All through my young childhood from age 4 to age 10 my favorite toys were plastic horses and dinosaurs. Along with those rubber bugs and animals. Heck, I still love rubber critter toys haha! I just don't play with them. :wink: another favorite was the coard board box clubhouse! :lol:

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 5:20 pm

My BB Rifle.

Well.... also my video games. Atari and later Nintendo.

btbnnyr
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 5:28 pm

I had a byoooooootiful set of blocks, not like regular cubes, but all different shapes and colors and patterns, my favorite toys.

CyborgUprising
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2012, 6:36 pm

Mighty Max, old-school G.I. Joe action figures (both 12-inch and 3 1/4-inch figures), all were given to me when my friends got tired of them (oddly enough, they were never missing any parts).

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 7:24 am

I had such a cute little toy car - made of red plastic and with green plastic wheels and with a red trailer without a roof. It was a very tiny one, I could easily hide it in my hand of a kid of like 5, then. Also around this age I was very fond of such a doll I had, too - it was made of a single piece of plastic, empty inside and white - only its eyes were blue.

Besides, I rather didn't like any toys of mine particularly, besides my Barbies.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 8:27 am

Play Doh Barber and Beauty Shop was my favorite.

I didn't get many toys as a child so it was fun to buy the toys I wanted such as Easy Bake Oven and Barbies for my daughter.

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 9:55 am

My HO Scale model railroad. It's still my favorite :D

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 10:06 am

I had a stuffed dog named Ginger that had really silky red-haired ears that I loved to pet. I had a doll called Chrissy that had long red hair that could "grow" if you pulled on her ponytail. I also had a very large ballerina doll that had a really pretty plastic crown attached to her head. I was always trying to pry the crown off so I could wear it. I wanted long red hair and a crown when I was little, apparrently.

I also played with things that weren't really toys. I destroyed our aluminum Christmas tree by using the branches as magic wands and the shiny garland as a boa.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 11:01 am

All sorts of construction things, like Meccano and Lego. Actually I didn't spend so much time with their intended purpose than with cataloguing the parts, and arranging them again and again in their container. It was fun, too.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 7:57 pm

My plush toys were my favorites. I had about 3 or 4 baskets that were full of them. I loved to play with them with my brother. We made up an elaborate sitcom where all of the characters had distinct personalities and roles in the story. The main ones were:

- Bob, a scrawny, small, cheaply-made wolf I had bought from the local zoo's gift shop
- In the game, he was the main character who spoke with a high-pitched Italian accent and had a verbal tic of mewing like a cat

- Ted, a huge teddy bear I had found at a garage sale
- In the game, he had the same voice and personality as Patrick from Spongebob and was Bob's best friend

- Caddie, a collie that I had bought at Toys R Us as a birthday present with the $20 I was given by my parents
- In the game, was a soft-spoken supermodel and was Bob's "sexy" wife

- Randy, a large Golden Retriever. Sadly, I don't remember where I got him.
- In the game, was Bob's rival because he was Caddie's ex-boyfriend who schemed to get her back. He spoke with a Southern drawl and was "evil".

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2012, 8:03 pm

- My stuffed Paddington bear.

- Lego

- Art supplies

- The big bag of dress-up clothes

- My toy car

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 12:17 am

I had a green cat that I called green Fluffy that I used to carry around with me all the time, I also had a blue volkswagon car that I liked (I used to take it to bed with me) :oops:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2012, 1:01 am

My General Lee car that I played with all the time.
Lego
Space themed toys that were silver
Cars
My Cabbage Patch Kid

MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 9:11 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LrA_YAopRM[/youtube]

Halfmadgenius
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2014, 10:57 pm

My stuffed Bunny. I still have her. When I have a really bad day I'll still hold her while I rock.