Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

sempiternal80816
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm

I'm not sure if there's a medication forum or whatever here, but I'd just like to ask: What kind of natural remedies have you used, if any, to help with like, transitioning through rough situations?? Like, I know some Asperkids can get their medical marijuana license, something I used to be highly opposed to. But I want to know some more natural remedies that aren't mind-altering, and can help me transition through stuff.
I'm a freshman in high school, and I also have a gift for songwriting, but I've been having a tough time transitioning. I just started this one called "St. John's Wort". I know it sounds really disgusting but before this, I was taking Intuniv (the extended release of guanFACINE) to help with my anxiety.

I'm looking for some good answers.

Mason Pearmain, lead vocals and bass for metalcore band Bless the Last.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm

There a Health and Fitness forum. Not sure if you would get more answers there or not. Anyway, the only natural remedy I've used long-term without problems for dealing with stress and tension is chamomile. Green tea is also good, for the theanine. I was on L-tryptophan for a while and had horrible side effects from it myself, although I know some people who've used it without issues.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Feb 2014, 1:52 am

I tried St. John's Wort & it made me more emotionally sensitive but everyone responds to things differently. My girlfriend uses something I got off Amazon called Hylands Nerve Tonic Tablet. I helps her anxiety a little.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Schneekugel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 4:58 am

Dont know what should be so disgusting about "St. Johns herb". Its regularly used in my country, so we have during winter about 7 hours of daylight, and additional 80% of the time its anyway foggy or you are in a mountains shadow or whatever. :( St. Johns simply makes you more sensible to light, so your skin and eyes get sooner infomations about it being sunny, even if its still dim and foggy. This causes your body to produce more "Wake up and be active, its broad day!" hormones, so you are less tired and have a better mood. You simply have to care for, where you use it. If you have sunny winters, then using Johns Wort is not so good, because your skin might react badly to sunlight, due to oversensitivity. As well that its in bigger amount lightely poisonous, so you should not use it, around pregnancy. Because of Johns Wort being broadly used here, people normally know of the dangers of it, and care as example to use sunoil when skiing on sunny day on mountains. (Because of the higher locations, there is less UV-rays filtering, additional the snow will reflect the sun again, so you easily get triple amounts of sunrays in your skin. If its then extra sensitive to sunlight, due to Johns herb... it can cause problems. ^^)

Simply care for having good informations on certain herbs you want to use. They are nothing else then medications, and every good effect can as well have negative side effect, as well that certain persons simply might react badly towards a certain herb.

Sacrieur
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Feb 2014, 5:12 am

There aren't really any natural remedies for anxiety.

There are anxiolytic herbs like Valerian root, Kava root, or green tea, but really these are just best for normal people who need to let off everyday stress. They'll either be mildly effective or completely ineffective for people with anxiety disorders. You'd need something that packs a serious punch like phenibut, which also carry an equally high risk

In combination with diet and regular exercise, it can help provide a cumulative effect for overall mood and fight stress -- but this at best can only provide moderate symptom relief.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2014, 12:33 pm

I use Rapid Remedy spray for my anxiety.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

My body reacts weird to mental/psych things Schneekugel. I tried 5HTP & it made me more emotionally sensitive as well. I tried Skullcap extract that supposed to be mixed with water & a few drops didn't have any effect at all but higher amount made me feel high :P

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Buttercup
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Feb 2014, 2:13 pm

Glycine is an amino acid I find very helpful in many ways.
It tends to relax people.