Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:04 pm

"all eyes are on you but not for the right reasons"

Could you explain what that saying means in more depth?

coffeebean
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:10 pm

I think it means that everyone is paying attention to you, but for a negative reason. "All eyes on you" = everyone is paying attention to you," "not for the right reasons" = not for good reasons. Hard to say more without knowing who said it, why, and what was happening.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

It means that you've making a spectacle of yourself.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 4:26 pm

coffeebean wrote:
I think it means that everyone is paying attention to you, but for a negative reason. "All eyes on you" = everyone is paying attention to you," "not for the right reasons" = not for good reasons. Hard to say more without knowing who said it, why, and what was happening.

For example you 'think' all eyes are on you because you think people like or are attracted to you.

Andras
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2014, 5:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:
coffeebean wrote:

For example you 'think' all eyes are on you because you think people like or are attracted to you.
No, not like that.

Example: Everyone is paying attention to a person because they think he/she is a dangerous person. That person is getting attention for the wrong reasons.