A more polite way of telling people to **** off.

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 1:55 am

People are always telling me to f**k off. It really has no effect on me.

It's more a case that I don't know what to do when people are nice to me. I run away then. :lol:

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 8:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGmC8m0kIo[/youtube]

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 9:35 am

stgiordanobruno wrote:
How do you deal with people making announced insults on you?, or just being plain annoying. like a certain hugely pot bellied gentleman who kept upsetting everyone, such as poking fun at their tattoos, T shirt slogans, hairstyles and making snide remarks about them, etc. How can I brush those sought of people off other than the more brutally blunt "**** off you big fat ******" But in the gym where swearing is frowned on I have to resort to other measures. I resorted to with that obnoxious fat guy. "could you do me a favour" he then replied "what is that?" and I replied "I know it is a lot to ask being as big as you are, but could you completely disappear?" He so got the message and never came near me again. That is a polite way of putting it. Either that or find other polite non swearing alternatives. Other strategies are ?I am not your friend, never will be, please go!!? when the walk away method was not working. Or perhaps if it gets too much go to the gym manager and they my sought him out.
The was one young woman with some flowers tattooed on her shoulder give the final word on him "you are obviously looking for trouble rubbing so many people up the wrong way, if you keep it up you are going to get yourself hurt, literally"

I used to ignore them, or just leave wherever I was.

However, now that I'm firmly into my adult years, and so many people tell me I sound pretentious or disdainful anyway (which amuses me to no end), I kinda go with that tactic.

"My, what a charmingly elegant display of good breeding."
or, more to the point
"Charming" (best said when accompanied by a wrinkled nose)

I'd say, watch some british tv, they've got some good ones. If you want some flair with it, try Black Adder. :lol:

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

You have two seconds to remove yourself before I snap the nearest limb off at the joint. (martial art belt(s) required)

Normally, I don't swear at all. Go for months without uttering a single profanity. This has had a profound effect on people who know me, because when I do find rare cause to swear up a storm, they do this amusing thing where they all shut up and pay attention to me in disbelief. :)

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 4:26 pm

Ah yes, some of the insults directed against Percy and Bawldrick were rather well crafted.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 10:08 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
Ah yes, some of the insults directed against Percy and Bawldrick were rather well crafted.

8) Oh, yeah, that's insult gold right there. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 12:11 am

khaoz wrote:
"Thank you very much, I love you too. Have a wonderful day."

I really like this one. I'll have to remember it. :)

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2014, 11:24 am

stgiordanobruno wrote:
How do you deal with people making announced insults on you?, or just being plain annoying. like a certain hugely pot bellied gentleman who kept upsetting everyone, such as poking fun at their tattoos, T shirt slogans, hairstyles and making snide remarks about them, etc. How can I brush those sought of people off other than the more brutally blunt "**** off you big fat ******" But in the gym where swearing is frowned on I have to resort to other measures. I resorted to with that obnoxious fat guy. "could you do me a favour" he then replied "what is that?" and I replied "I know it is a lot to ask being as big as you are, but could you completely disappear?" He so got the message and never came near me again. That is a polite way of putting it. Either that or find other polite non swearing alternatives. Other strategies are ?I am not your friend, never will be, please go!!? when the walk away method was not working. Or perhaps if it gets too much go to the gym manager and they my sought him out.
The was one young woman with some flowers tattooed on her shoulder give the final word on him "you are obviously looking for trouble rubbing so many people up the wrong way, if you keep it up you are going to get yourself hurt, literally"

With the big fat guy making insults and poking fun at my T-shirt slogan:

"At least I can buy all my clothes off the rack".

My Tattoo?

"There are not enough squid in the sea, my friend".

Hairstyle?

"You know, you'd look good with longer hair...much longer hair".

Don't look for 'alternatives' to swear words, you don't need to do that to make sure they never come near you again...

....but this is a skill that takes a lifetime of practice.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2014, 12:03 pm

?Sir, consume excrement and perish!"

SoMissunderstood
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jun 2014, 12:12 pm

My brother came up with a few good ones (we turned it into a game):

If a big, fat man comes and criticises his...

T-Shirt Slogan:

"At least people can read it, without requiring a fish-eye lens".

Tattoo:

"This chick here ways 50kg, on you she'd weigh three times as much".

Hairstyle:

"Did you even bother to look in the mirror before coming to the gym today?"

Then he said he'd finish it with a:

"When I heard you got something that went from 0 - 150 in two seconds, I thought you got the latest model car - but nope, it was only new bathroom scales".