if I Did notice that me, I'd probably
avoid the self rightious aloof jackass.

but I I got to know him, it would be
like the best friend EVER.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 12:54 am

I'd tell the twelve year old version of myself to fess up to my parents that I like The Kinks more than The Beatles and to shut up about my special interests around my family and peers altogether, once and for all.

matt
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 5:03 am

Eccles_the_Mighty wrote:
2) You really REALLY don't want to go out on that date with the girl called Susan who you met on Dateline. It might be an idea to avoid the one called Julie as well.
I think that you are not in the U.S., and that "Dateline" is a dating chat service wherever you are. Is that correct?

In the U.S., you don't want to meet someone on Dateline: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4SDTv ... wgspAwRcyA

When I read your post that's what I thought you meant. When I read this, I laughed very loudly:
Quote:
You really REALLY don't want to go out on that date with the girl called Susan who you met on Dateline.

StarCity
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 4:19 pm

babybird wrote:
i'd probably tell myself to run and keep f**** running.

I'd probs say the same.

It isn't natural for me, but it enables me to "fit in".
It is VERY tiring and draining, but at least we can appear like them even though it is an act. Like being on the stage.
They can't see it is emulation, and so we are accepted.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 4:27 pm

If I could meet my younger self, the thing I would probably explain to her about autism.

I've been told my whole life that I have "high-functioning autism", but I didn't know anything about it until fairly recently. I think that it would have done me a lot of good had I known what it was earlier.

IrisIndigo
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 May 2014, 5:45 pm

Lillikoi wrote:
If I could meet my younger self, the thing I would probably explain to her about autism.

I've been told my whole life that I have "high-functioning autism", but I didn't know anything about it until fairly recently. I think that it would have done me a lot of good had I known what it was earlier.

You got a decade on me. My mom always knew that something was up with me. She used to speculate that I was bipolar. Anyways if I could go back I'd find this website. It's the first time in my life that I've ever felt like the rest of the world wasn't crazy. (No I never considered myself to be the weird one)

Also adorable avatar! I've got a squirtle figurine on my computer desk now!

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2014, 6:57 pm

"go sit on the toilet! you are ruining all your underpants!"

StarsInMyMargarita
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2014, 7:58 pm

I think I'd probably just try to tell myself to pay attention. Rather than putting so much energy towards being your own imaginary friend, just pay attention to what's going on. Do your school work, practice the violin, agree to sit with the group who invite you to lunch. Days end quickly and add up. That huge number of "days until I turn 18" shrinks down and you're suddenly expected to have an idea of how you relate to the rest of the world.

A couple other things, but I'd probably embarrass younger me telling me to quit that sh*t. :lol: