How do you pay for your purchases on the Internet

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 6:09 am

I have a payment card that could be used for payments on the Internet, but he never did and never would have done so much to hear about the theft of card numbers online.
I always use Paypal system. I'm not a rich man, you would say that I am rather poor, living mainly from my university scholarship. The only luxury I allow myself is to buy computer games several times a year. In general, this is the game of my favorite series of "Total War", although I do not know if I'll still be buying games need more and better computer, and I do not have the money to buy new, my computer is 2009.

But this is not what I wanted to write about as much as I can buy the game in game store in Poland in Polish zlotys, try to buy as discount., But to buy the DLC in Steam, need to pay in Euros, so do I use PayPal.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 10:21 am

I use Paypal for Ebay since I've had my Paypal linked to that forever. I use my credit or debit card for everything else.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 12:16 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

Using your card number! :P

Nights_Like_These
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2014, 1:52 pm

TallyMan wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

Using your card number! :P

Yes please....

--Aldous Huxley

Aspiewordsmith
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 1:04 pm

By debit card. putting the 16 digit card number, its expiry date and the 3 digit security number. :arrow:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2014, 4:39 pm

Credit card or debit card.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Eccles_the_Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 3:53 pm

Using a credit card specifically designed for online use. Every time a purchase goes through the bank sends me an SMS and I have to confirm that the payment is OK, there is therefore zero chance of fraud.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 9:02 pm

I use Paypal wherever I can, since it's the most secure way to order things online.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 May 2014, 11:20 pm

I use PayPal & have a PayPal Mastercard for eBay & other places that use PayPal. I also have a Chase Amazon Visa card that I use for Amazon & other net stuff. I use both cards offline too: which one I use depends on the place & if I'm getting additional point deals. I've been a victim of credit card fraud afew times. I was contacted by Chase every time asking if I authorized the charges & they gave me a new card number. They sent me an email afew weeks ago because they suspected fraud & I had to click & link to verify if I recognized the charges or not. They called me after & closed my account & transferred everything over to a new card which expires this November like the old one did. One of the charges was for a cigar store & the other was for a hotel. I don't get how Chase would know that someone else is using it or not because I use it for lots of different types of things & I use it when traveling at places & online while traveling & they were never concerned. My computer was infected with a virus when I scanned after Chase contacted me. I keep my antivirus updated & use the VPN, Private Internet Access(this is clinky link) because I do alot of file sharing & I also pirate software but virus makers devote their time & skills towards screwing people instead of being decent honest human beings so things can get by.

I also call a credit agency to place fraud alerts on my account so creditors take additional steps to verify my identity before issuing new credit. 1-800-680-7289 is the number for TransUnion. You can place 90 day initial fraud alerts & they'll notify the other two major credit reporting agencies. You'll also get removed from preapproved offers.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2014, 11:35 pm

Lately I've been using disposable prepaid Visas, though I would like to get an actual credit card some day.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 May 2014, 12:53 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
Lately I've been using disposable prepaid Visas, though I would like to get an actual credit card some day.
I don't keep a balance, I pay the statement balance on my cards before they're due. I have a debit card with my bank but I never used it thou I do keep it in my wallet. I rather use my creit cards instead of my debit so I can have a better credit score(my score on Credit Karma is 774) & I don't have to pay them rite away so I can have time to come up with money if there's problems.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 1:18 am

I'm a big fan of PayPal. I can instantly send money all over the world, in any currency, without giving out my credit card information. I've also sold things internationally, and payment would have been difficult any other way. There are horror stories, which you can easily find online, but the solution is not to tie PayPal to an account you rely on for major household expenses.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2014, 3:26 am

I have one debit card just for online purchases. I only put money on the card when I am prepared to make purchase. Other than that it is empty and since it is a debit card nothing can be charged when it is empty and no service charges for incoming with no funds