Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2014, 1:12 pm

Honestly, DevilKisses, you seem all right to me.

Congratulations on your 18th birthday. I hope you will go to University after high school.

littlebee
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 12:31 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
YourMajesty wrote:
As you say you troll and thereby learn to communicate better, I want to add that your topics on WP sometimes gave me a trollish impression. I don't say this to be rude or anything, but considering that you want to improve in that sense I figured that you might like to know that at least 1 person on here got a troll vibe at some point.

I know that some of my topics give people a trollish vibe. I don't really mean to troll it's just my communication style.

The part of it you might want to look at, DevilKisses, is that it is a way of handling ideas and feelings that creates and supports a kind of disconnect and making this disconnect has become a pattern which you now perceive as yourself, but it might not be the real inner you.. You may because of this be missing other exciting dimensions. I can tell you are very smart because of the way you know how to go to the edge herein what you write, but not over it. You seem very skilled at that. A similar kind of thing is when a young person becomes the class clown to avoid facing himself. You might unfod a different quality of experience if you find a really deep inner question that is really meaningful to you and try to focus from that angle....it would be a form of work, but infinitely rewarding compared to what you are doing....

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 12:45 pm

The Value of trolling= multiple people being angry, frustrated annoyyed and a small portion of people laughing! Doing so long enough people will take you as seriously as the boy who cries wolf.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 1:37 pm

I used to do a bit of trolling on Yahoo Answers, mainly just by posting dumb questions and acting like a smartass, but after this one incident where one of my posts was reported after I slightly insulted someone, I dialed it down a bit. Eventually I started using Yahoo Answers more as a place to whine and complain about my life and ask for advice, and when I noticed that a lot of my questions were being deleted, that's when the site started going downhill for me. When they finally implemented their idiotic new interface layout on the Canadian site, that's when I finally decided to stop using it.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 1:51 pm

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
I used to do a bit of trolling on Yahoo Answers, mainly just by posting dumb questions and acting like a smartass, but after this one incident where one of my posts was reported after I slightly insulted someone, I dialed it down a bit. Eventually I started using Yahoo Answers more as a place to whine and complain about my life and ask for advice, and when I noticed that a lot of my questions were being deleted, that's when the site started going downhill for me. When they finally implemented their idiotic new interface layout on the Canadian site, that's when I finally decided to stop using it.

I had the same problem with yahoo answers. I used to use it all the time. I could still use the old layout on my iphone, but I became way less active when the old layout stopped working on my phone.

I've been reported quite a few times, but my original account still exists. I think it's because I used to be a top contributor on the optical section and that account has existed since 2007. I now use reddit for most of my yahoo type trolling. It seems like reddit has the same type of people as yahoo answers. The only difference is that yahoo tolerates a lot more repetition than reddit. I used to post the same silly questions over and over again, but I wasn't the only person who did that.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 2:52 pm

That is why you use a different account for trolling so you don't confuse people and if you are trolling with one account and use that same account for your serious questions and answers, people are not going to know you are serious. I used a different account for trolling on there and within thirty minutes, my account closed because of two offensive questions I posted my aspie friend had created for me. Then I created a new account and tried my own trolling and it wasn't as success because I didn't get as good reactions or I was given serious answers and I felt guilty afterwards because these people were giving me great advice and I was wasting their time. Before I did trolling on there, my questions were being reported and I don't know why. They were being deleted too. Then I found out there are trolls that go around reporting questions for no reason and they will also thumb down your answers so it was more likely nothing personal when half of my YA questions were deleted and when my answers were thumbed down. YA is a playground for trolls.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 3:21 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
Maybe trolling is the wrong word. Usually trolling for me is posting my most extreme and absurd thoughts and using people's responses to help me make them sound less extreme and absurd. It's also a way for me to blow off steam and learn how to deal with as*holes.

I've done something like this too, on different sites, not here, just spouting off the wildest or most socially unacceptable thoughts in my head to see how people respond. I wouldn't call it trolling because I'm not doing it to wind people up for my own enjoyment, I do it more in dread and anticipation that someone is going to emotionally blow up and attack me for what I said. I do it to practice dealing with that and to find ways to be more honest about my real thoughts and opinions without having someone blow up at me. Because a lot of the time I feel like the only options I have, are either to never express my real thoughts about anything, or else be mercilessly attacked, so I have to make myself say something so I can realize it is not as extreme as that.

The ultimate goal for me is the opposite of trolling, trolls try to garner as much attention as they can, whereas I feel like I have been most successful if everyone just ignores what I said. I figure that means I said it in the least offensive way I possibly can.

Sometimes people just assume you are trolling, because they can't believe someone would genuinely say something so off the wall. Like if you have a dissenting opinion in a group where most everyone agrees with each other, it naturally riles them up and they may call that trolling but it's not. Or if you break their unspoken "social code" not to talk about certain things in certain ways they may assume you are trolling. And if people treat you like you are trolling often enough you might start to think you are but that doesn't mean you really are.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm

I actually do enjoy getting attention and seeing people's reactions it just isn't the main reason why I post the stuff I do. I think my communication style is a lot like the youtuber Trisha Paytas.

She still acts like herself and shares her opinions, but in an exaggerated and impulsive fashion. Kind of like me. Some people think she's a troll and I think she is a troll in a way, but she's not completely fake. I don't really make much stuff up when I "troll", I simply exaggerate or omit certain details to make my posts more entertaining and controversial.

aspie_comic_nerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Jun 2014, 8:58 pm

To me, trolls are just pests that waste my time. I honestly don't care about trolls online, I don't really care about what people online say to me (meaning a douche) and take what they say with a very large grain of salt.

Trolls in the real world, that's a whole other issue. I want to throw these people into a wood chipper...

Besides its just the internet, I can always turn off my phone or leave the computer.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm

I agree...it's just the internet.

I was able to live without it for the first 36 years of my life; I could dispense with it right now, if necessary.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2014, 9:26 pm

Trying to decipher someone's intent, or trying to decide whether a person has honestly stated their intent just takes you down into uncertainty and infinite regression. If it looks like trolling, and has the effect of trolling, then call it trolling and deal with it as such. You don't even need to bother with inferring intent, although most people will do so because of their magic ability to read minds.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:11 pm

Trolling is like the modern day prank calling only its on the internet and on posts.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 1:14 pm

Hi DevilKisses,

Are you going to University in the fall?

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 5:15 pm

DevilKisses wrote:
mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:

I had the same problem with yahoo answers. I used to use it all the time. I could still use the old layout on my iphone, but I became way less active when the old layout stopped working on my phone.

I've been reported quite a few times, but my original account still exists. I think it's because I used to be a top contributor on the optical section and that account has existed since 2007. I now use reddit for most of my yahoo type trolling. It seems like reddit has the same type of people as yahoo answers. The only difference is that yahoo tolerates a lot more repetition than reddit. I used to post the same silly questions over and over again, but I wasn't the only person who did that.

People keep talking about Reddit, but whenever I go on there the first things I notice are the lousy interface and overabundance of rules. "What do you mean I can't post memes in the gaming section?"

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 8:34 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Hi DevilKisses,

Are you going to University in the fall?

I'm pretty sure I'm not. No universities would accept me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm

You seem pretty bright; why not?

I guess you'll be going to some kind of "college" then?