"Wrongplanet is checking your browser"

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,284

14 Jul 2014, 7:35 am

Why is wrongplanet checking my browser these days?



EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 5,384
Location: Somewhere Else

14 Jul 2014, 7:50 am

I don't know, I've got it too.



identity
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Age: 35
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,555
Location: South West UK

14 Jul 2014, 8:21 am

I was wondering what all that's about too.



KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 71,455
Location: Luna, Imagination Isle

14 Jul 2014, 9:06 am

Same here.


_________________
Those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Evil triumphs when good people do nothing.
Do, or do not. There is no try. One size does not fit all.
No bigots, no bullies, no injustice.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,999
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

14 Jul 2014, 11:00 am

That's also happening to me. I've also noticed that some of the animated page icons aren't showing up beside some of the threads.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,853
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 Jul 2014, 11:12 am

Guys, this forum software is really old. DDoS protection is automatic for most web pages, but for some reason it is showing on this one. It's not anything to worry about.

Alex really needs to give this place a facelift if it's going to keep running smoothly in the future.


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 44
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,999
Location: Hanging out with my fellow Sweet Peas at Stalag 13

14 Jul 2014, 11:17 am

I've been waiting for the facelift to happen. I wonder how much the software used to do that would cost.


_________________
Schultz

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645


MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,853
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 Jul 2014, 11:21 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've been waiting for the facelift to happen. I wonder how much the software used to do that would cost.


He's currently allowing AdCouncil advertisements to be on the page to cover hosting costs atm, but you have a point. It probably will cost quite a bit of money.

Maybe he could fork over some of the money he's making from working on The Bridge or something. :lol:


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:


khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Apr 2013
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,940

14 Jul 2014, 11:47 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Guys, this forum software is really old. DDoS protection is automatic for most web pages, but for some reason it is showing on this one. It's not anything to worry about.

Alex really needs to give this place a facelift if it's going to keep running smoothly in the future.


I have the impression Alex doesn't much pay attention to this place anymore. Doesn't seem to be high on the priority list.

I know I am wrong> I don't know much about him. Never seen anything of him here. I just see everyone complaining about how the site is constantly deteriorating. I guess people get busy with things.



MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Age: 23
Gender: Female
Posts: 14,853
Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

14 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm

khaoz wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Guys, this forum software is really old. DDoS protection is automatic for most web pages, but for some reason it is showing on this one. It's not anything to worry about.

Alex really needs to give this place a facelift if it's going to keep running smoothly in the future.


I have the impression Alex doesn't much pay attention to this place anymore. Doesn't seem to be high on the priority list.

I know I am wrong> I don't know much about him. Never seen anything of him here. I just see everyone complaining about how the site is constantly deteriorating. I guess people get busy with things.


He used to be really active on here. Yeah, his priorities are in Hollywood now, it seems.

Maybe if he's going to neglect this website, he should hand it off to someone else who'll take good care of it. If this site deteriorates to the point of not being able to function at all, I have a feeling a lot of people on here would not have a good time handling that.


_________________
When in doubt, ask someone with ASD. Chances are, they're obsessed with what you need to know. :roll:


equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 102,309
Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

14 Jul 2014, 12:11 pm

Used to it by now.


_________________
LIONS-STAMPEDERS-ESKIMOS-ROUGHRIDERS-BLUE BOMBERS-TIGER-CATS-ARGONAUTS-REDBLACKS-ALOUETTES

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."


Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 21 Jun 2014
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 732

14 Jul 2014, 12:29 pm

Threw me a bit when I first saw it.



Cornflake
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 30 Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 46,969
Location: Over there

14 Jul 2014, 5:32 pm

See also:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt261135.html


_________________
Giraffe: a ruminant with a view.


Jory
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 2 Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 17,518
Location: Tornado Alley

14 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
Why is wrongplanet checking my browser these days?


It's got a great ass.



AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,966
Location: Riding on a Dragon

15 Jul 2014, 3:00 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Maybe if he's going to neglect this website, he should hand it off to someone else who'll take good care of it.

If he were to it better not be the same people that redesigned Yahoo or Flickr. We would get giant icons and very bold text everywhere, half the pages would be wasted blank space. And everything would have extremely distracting bright colors. Also the search engine would keep loading new results as you scroll down until there's no more. :roll: