Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 5:43 pm

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 5:46 pm

ah yes, the rainbow bridge :) reminds me of an old twilight zone episode where the recently departed man was searching for heaven when the first being he encounters tells him he is welcome but his dog is not, so he tells the being "no thank you sir" and walks on down the road until he finds st. peter who tells him the other fella was ol' nick, and that he would of course accept him AND his dog.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 6:45 pm

auntblabby wrote:
ah yes, the rainbow bridge :) reminds me of an old twilight zone episode where the recently departed man was searching for heaven when the first being he encounters tells him he is welcome but his dog is not, so he tells the being "no thank you sir" and walks on down the road until he finds st. peter who tells him the other fella was ol' nick, and that he would of course accept him AND his dog.

I saw that on TV at least five years ago but hadn't thought abut it lately. I just now found it on Youtube.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkG2bWGZR2M[/youtube]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 6:53 pm

thanx :) one of my fave episodes. I wonder how long they will let that whole episode stay up? anyways, half of my heaven would resemble a 3d supercolor version of that place, and the other half would resemble I dream I had a while back-
i was floating along the water and shoreline of a deserted generic big city. the sky was fair with some clouds here and there, and it was a bit windy over the water and the city as well. it was a modern-looking place with tall streamlined buildings chockablock, but there were no cars, no people, no sounds other than the wind breezing between the buildings and over the water, with some wave-lapping sounds against the shore and a jostling sound over the water.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

Yes, I believe in Heaven.

I would want my loved ones to be there that have passed on before me.

One thing that would be cool is if my own "dream world" exited there for me to enjoy. That would consist of my very own amusement park made up of the great historic roller coasters I have blueprints for and am attempting to make HO scale models of. But in Heaven, I would want that amusement park to be life size. I would also like for the resort town I have dreamed up to surround the amusement park.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 8:46 pm

^^^
I believe in your particular heaven there will be a humongous theme park museum with all the roller coasters, which, after all, were originally conceived up there in the mental realm and only translated into human understanding later on [read "return from tomorrow" by dr. George Ritchie MD]. on the subject of departed relatives, my late father, on his deathbed, at his moment of passing, stared at a spot in midair that none of the rest of us could see, and broke out into a big grin for the first time in ages. lord knows what exactly he saw but i believe it was his mother.

BritAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Sep 2014, 2:34 am

Hell for me please :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2014, 3:44 am

BritAspie wrote:
Hell for me please :twisted:

be careful what you wish for.