Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

OddCoyote
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

03 Mar 2007, 8:45 pm

This is a copy of a conversation I am having with someone and I want to know if im wrong or what others think about it.Its also a bit long.

Me:
political correctness is always getting in the ways!

Him:
It really is. These days political correctness is always getting worse.
quite sad...deformed people cant have lives.

Me:
Or even people that seem odd in the least.

Him:
that is true, most people cant live normal lives without fear of being
hated

Me:
But the question becomes what is normal these days. Everyone says that other peopel arent normal but nobody really has enough common traits to call them selves normal between eachother. No on says what normal is or even thinks it. Normal used to be something but sociaty has moved so far from it yet still keeps the same
standards. But people that dont want to be normal try to act different. they all end up being the same as the others that dont want to be "normal". They want to be different than others but there are so many people like that that your still labeled into a grup which is what you tried so hard not to be.

Him:
and then that brings to stereotyping, which is another thing that is horribly wrong

Me:
Maybe so but it is a unconcious aspect of all cultures. A civilization could not be created without stereotyping.

Him:
but some stereotypical groups are hated more than others...
I belive thats the whole point of stereotyping.
it is...but it is a bad reason for it

Me:
That might be so. Sterotyping does some good and some bad. Sterotyping even affects parts of things we have never thought about for it. With out Sterotyping would the Roman empire have been created, would world war II have happened, would the GD be so moraly wrong, would Einstein form the thoughts that drove his insperation? No. There are a bunch of things.

Him:
thats a good point, without stereotyping, the world we live in would be bland and uninteresting. it is what gives our world personality

Me:
Yes thats true. It might be bland and uninteresting or atleast just much different than it is today. Theres just so many things it affects. How would we get any good books? Lol.

Him:
true, there would only be one opinion in the world and you couldnt hear points from other perspectives.

Me:
Well there would be different points of veiw maybe but they wouldnt be classified as from a person thats different. I think.

Him:
I see your point. Even though people that are white lets just say, they still have different ideas. but if you ask a black person, they have a completely different idea than the white person. and none of them is wrong because it is just an opinion

Me:
Well they only have a diiferent opinion because of the cultures thay grew up in which causes different things for them to experiance and therefor a different train of thought.

Him:
so in the end, stereotyping just comes from the environment or culture you grew up in.

Me:
I would think so. Its more the seperation of people in the first place. EVeryone will always be differnet from eachother if you think about it. No one has the same thoughts as everyone else at the same period of time forever. From the day a person is born they experiance things that moves there mind another way. A person coming up and brushing your shoulder will change you life forever if you think about it. Every moment of thought closes of a infinate amount of possibiltys. From the begining to the end it is just one long path. Even looking at a piece of wood will change your life forever.

Him:
How silly that may sound, it is true. Like that show that used to come on...6 Degrees or something like that. If you pick 6 people that you know, eventually through all the people those people know, and all the people they know, eventually you will know everyone in the world. We are basically all connected in someway. But all very unique.

Last edited by OddCoyote on 03 Mar 2007, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:07 pm

Mind putting it in a list instead of a quote pyramid, it's hard to read.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 9:54 pm

Like it is, patterns change, and minds can or can't. Animals imprint, but we were made in an Easy bake Oven? I grew up with a pair of Redbone Hounds, we were rural, I still carry that culture.

The child is father of the man, denotes self imprinting. Some put their coins in a machine and got a cold drink, it was good, it became their relationship with life.

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2007, 10:13 pm

OddCoyote wrote:
That might be so. Sterotyping does some good and some bad. Sterotyping even affects parts of things we have never thought about for it. With out Sterotyping would the Roman empire have been created, would world war II have happened, would the GD be so moraly wrong, would Einstein form the thoughts that drove his insperation? No. There are a bunch of things.

Him:
thats a good point, without stereotyping, the world we live in would be bland and uninteresting. it is what gives our world personality.

I agree that stereotyping to some degree is inevitable and necessary, but I'm not sure what you mean by saying it caused things like Rome or Einstein. Can you explain what you mean? Einstein didn't do what he did because he was stereotyped, he did it because he was a genius.