Need ideas for a Harry Potter party

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 10:04 pm

We like to have theme parties at my house and we are planning a Harry Potter theme party here in a few weeks. We already have some ideas but I'd like more. I want ideas for decoration, food and drink, activities, etc. It's going to be mainly adults but also some of them will bring kids so it'll be all ages. We will have seperate beverages for the adults like we do when we have parties that kids are welcome to. It's mine and my husband's friends, all four of my kids and their friends and some of our friends and theirs will have kids they bring too so we need stuff for them. An my grandbaby will be there since she seems to be living here now as well.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm

That sounds really cool! It would probably be easier to find some wizard-magical-Harry Potter-themed stuff if it were around Halloween, though.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 10:46 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
That sounds really cool! It would probably be easier to find some wizard-magical-Harry Potter-themed stuff if it were around Halloween, though.

Oh, I've got magic themed stuff around. I have a crystal ball, a big iron three legged cauldron which we are going to put the punch bowl in with either dry ice or a little fog machine type thing maybe, depending, spell books, pentagrams, etc. Thats stuff I use every day lol. We are a big "crafting" family and like to make things so we are going to make a lot of the stuff for the party that we don't have already. Also my oldest daughter is about to graduate culinary school and she's in charge of the food. She can make chocolate frogs and such.

I just need some ideas of what all to do. She found one thing for making your own wands with chopsticks, which would bee a fun craft to do there to take home with you. We are going to make ties in the house colors and have everybody sorted when they come in. I just need some cool ideas of how to arrange things.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com