Page 1 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 11:13 am

Many, many years ago before recycling had even started up, when you just threw away things like yoghurt pots, I'm pretty sure the manner in which I lost one of my nice spoons (part of my flatware set, not a plastic one) was that I put my finished yoghurt pot into my kitchen trash bin....complete with the spoon I had used to eat it, still in the pot...

The reason I suspect that's how my spoon went missing was because I caught myself about to do this again around the same time period, and went "Ohhhhh......now I see what probably happened...."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:00 pm

I take forever to get ready in the morning before I have to go on errands, and as I leave the house and get into the car, I remember that I can't remember that I made sure the toilet flushed alright [it often misbehaves] so I run back into the house and check that, then I get back to the car, then I remember that I don't remember that I checked the door lock [if I locked up] so I get out and check that, then I get back in the car, then I drive down the road a few miles and then cuss a blue streak because I forgot something else I was supposed to bring [like my shopping list] then I drive all the way back and get the damned thing, then I get back in the car, then I forgot if I relocked the door, so I get out and check the lock..... [etc.] :?

Matthaeus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm

I go out of my room for a good reason, but when I walk into the other room I forget what I came for in the first place. Then I go back to my room and suddenly remember.

Commander
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 12:07 pm

Matthaeus wrote:
I go out of my room for a good reason, but when I walk into the other room I forget what I came for in the first place. Then I go back to my room and suddenly remember.

I just forget things randomly or sometimes in mid thought. Not as lucky with remembering them though :|

lyzpg
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2015, 12:09 pm

Matthaeus wrote:

...and then go do the thing I remembered... and forget again... this two or three times until I mumble the reason I'm walking to the other room while I'm OMW :lol: :lol:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:08 pm

i bugger up bugger up everything....with best intentions.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:27 pm

Booyakasha wrote:

join the bugger-up hermit club, we two can be charter members :bounce:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:36 pm

I just got back from Tim Horton's and I saw what I thought were a new kind of doughnut that was flavored like peanut butter cookies. They were covered in a crumbly substance which I thought must be PB cookie crumbs and a brown goo in the center. I decided to try one but the lady explained they weren't peanut butter flavored, they just stuck them in the section *labeled* peanut butter cookies, which they didn't have. They were Nutella doughnuts, which is what the brown goo was. It turned out I wasn't the first person to made this mistake, but I'm not a big fan of Nutella so I bought something else.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:36 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

excellent idea! founding fathers :D we won't charge any fee, other members will get free cookies, tea and an opportunity to bugger up a thing of their choice :jester:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

excellent idea! founding fathers :D we won't charge any fee, other members will get free cookies, tea and an opportunity to bugger up a thing of their choice :jester:

yeh, I think i'll bugger up FB and see what happens...

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 1:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:

yeh, I think i'll bugger up FB and see what happens...

Lol, Ok looking forward to see that! :jester:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:06 pm

^^^
:)
the most recent dumb thing I did, was turn on the wrong burner on the cookstove, absent-mindedly. I had some towels and other stuff on top of the burner that I did not know I turned on, and I was alerted to this mistake when I looked up from my puter and saw smoke rising from the towels, that had just caught fire, I jumped up and messily yanked the burning towel and balled it up and ran outside and dumped it on the ground and splashed water on it. man, that stank up my house for a week! :oops:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:24 pm

When my sister was cooking one day, the phone rang and she threw the spatula in the trash as she ran to answer it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:26 pm

^^^
hope she retrieved it later and cleaned it for future use.

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 2:57 pm

one time a while ago while i was at the register paying for my merchandise the cashier asked me if i had any smaller bills because he did not have enough to give me change. i processed this as me having underpaied and proceeded to give him a 5 dollar bill, and he kept giving it back explaining to me that all he was looking for was something smaller, and this went on for a whole minute until i processed what was happening

Shoggothgoat
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2015, 4:09 pm

Taking off a hoodie while walking quickly down the stairs. It went about as well as would be expected.