when did you lose your last baby tooth?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 11:17 am

lost mine age eleven and a half. hated loose baby teeth. it bothered me terribly. I can still remember how it felt when I lost them, that pulling. The sensation went right through me. First one started around age six or seven.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 11:49 am

I don't quite remember (when I lost my last baby tooth). What I do remember is that they didn't come out fast enough on their own. So, I had to have several (> 6) "pulled" by the dentist (as they were getting in the way of my permanent teeth).

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 2:46 pm

My last baby tooth was extracted at the dentist when I was 14.

Like Rocket, a bunch of my baby teeth never fell out on their own and were pulled out at the dentist (mostly molars -- all of my front teeth and at least one molar fell out on their own).

I'm curious: Why did you put "pulled" in quotes, Rocket?

Love transcends all.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 3:30 pm

I think I lost mine at age 11.

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 4:34 pm

animalcrackers wrote:

Probably, because I was using the non-technical term :). I should have just written that I had several teeth extracted (without quotes).

Interestingly, as I think about it, everything happened slowly for me (as a child). I didn't reach puberty until much later (than other kids) as well. I wonder if it's related.

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2015, 9:30 pm

Rocket123 wrote:
animalcrackers wrote:

Probably, because I was using the non-technical term :). I should have just written that I had several teeth extracted (without quotes).

Ok, I get it - thanks!

Rocket123 wrote:
Interestingly, as I think about it, everything happened slowly for me (as a child). I didn't reach puberty until much later (than other kids) as well. I wonder if it's related.

Could be.

In my case I think it's more an isolated thing.

Love transcends all.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 May 2015, 2:13 am

When I was a most 12.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

DestinedToBeAPotato
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

Location: floating on the molecular clouds of interstellar space

23 May 2015, 5:34 am

I didn't lose my last baby tooth, I still have it! I have one baby tooth that hasn't fallen out yet XD

kamiyu910
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2015, 10:39 am

DestinedToBeAPotato wrote:
I didn't lose my last baby tooth, I still have it! I have one baby tooth that hasn't fallen out yet XD

I'm 30 and I still have one too ^.^
sadly just found out I have a wisdom tooth too.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 7:55 pm

I don't really remember. I had to get a lot of them removed by the dentist, which I hated. But my permanent teeth grew in pretty straight and I didn't need braces or anything so it was worth it. And so was was the tooth fairy money. :)

My wisdom teeth started coming in when I was only 13, and I had to get them all removed only few days before Christmas. Wisdom teeth, the appendix, tonsils... why do we still so many parts that cause nothing but pain and suffering and end up having to be removed? :(

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 12:47 am

When I was 12, the tooth fairy had stopped coming for quite a few times before.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 3:11 pm

My adult teeth must have come in pretty early too, just like my wisdom teeth. I read that very rarely some people lose their second set of teeth and grown in a third pair! I wonder sometimes if I'll be one of those people. I kind of hope not because it'll be like teething all over again, only I'll be old enough to remember it.

The "tooth fairy" didn't visit me for years until after I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I was given back the teeth in a little bottle, put them under my pillow and received one last visit and a more generous amount of money. :)

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 8:58 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Wisdom teeth, the appendix, tonsils... why do we still so many parts that cause nothing but pain and suffering and end up having to be removed? :(

Tonsils are actually a functioning part of the immune system, and doctors don't take them out as often as they used to. (I often got tonsillitis that required antibiotics as a child/adolescent, but mine were never removed -- I think it would have had to get to the point where antibiotics were no longer working, before doctors would have taken them out.)

Wisdom teeth aren't inherently bad, either. Not everyone actually needs to have their wisdom teeth removed, and some dentists think that routinely removing them as a preventative measure against possible future problems is bad practice. (Teething pain from wisdom teeth is no fun, but I'll take my teething pain over surgery any day!)

Love transcends all.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2015, 4:43 pm

^ I had to get my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was only around 4. I know doctors don't do that as often now (they used to think the tonsils were causing the sore throats when it's really the other way around), but I'm actually glad that they did away with mine after seeing images of tonsillitis. Ick! Also your body compensates for their loss so I didn't have to worry about my immune system going down the drain.

My brother told me that his wisdom teeth, which he got much later than me, all came in just fine. But he later had to get a few removed because of a bad infection.

I also read somewhere that the human appendix is a functioning organ, but I really hope that's not true because my mom had hers taken out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 11:06 am

About a year ago.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 11:34 am

Never. I still have two.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.