Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Jul 2013, 1:57 pm

OK, here goes. I was born in the late 1980s, and lived through the 1990s. This thread is a discussion about the decade.

I was 3 when the decade started, 12 when it ended. I did so many things a kid did in those days, and I miss it. That decade was a time when I came into being, and showed the world what I liked; and the kids in those days have the best time of their life. What I wouldn't do to go back.......

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

Oh, how I miss the 90's. Grunge. Just throw on a flannel shirt and you're in style. And, the economy during the Clinton years. And, the music. Oh, the music.

Maybe it's just how old I was during that decade, but the 90's really did seem like simpler times. Then, on 9/11, everything changed so quickly.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2013, 11:51 pm

The 90's were great weren't they, Still playing the grunge and looking like it too, actually I never stoped and the great thing is its all coming back! I was born 9 days into the 90's and i'm so glad I got to live in the last great and free of stupid rules and regulations decade, my decade younger half brothers will never know what they missed out on. The radio was always playing something good in the 90's. My senior kindergarden class actually had a wood working bench with real shark tooth saws, if only I had the motor skills to cut the wood!

Alice in Chains is the greatest band ever! grunge music will always live on becouse its so awesome!

PM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 1:36 am

Ah yes, the 90's, The Simpsons took off, Nick and Cartoon Network had the best programming, Dennis Miller made no sense to all but a few, and Newt Gingrich made a contract with America. (I used to be caught watching late night TV in the early 90's, obvious night owl was blatantly obvious.) Being born 1 1/2 months into the decade was great, but my childhood had some bumps in the road, and I was not really able to enjoy said decade. I would certainly like to relive it as an adult to simply experience it all.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 1:53 am

SwampOwl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2013, 1:59 am

I'm not sure if it was the decade itself, or just the age I was in the 90's. (10-19). But I had some great times back then. Wandering through the woods. Working on my uncles farm. Just driving around at night, listening to music. Man, there was some great music springing up around that time.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2013, 2:37 am

I was born in 1995, so I only remember a year and a half of the 90s. All I really remember is tazos, pokemon yellow and being introduced to the internet.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:17 am

PM wrote:
Ah yes, the 90's, The Simpsons took off, Nick and Cartoon Network had the best programming, Dennis Miller made no sense to all but a few, and Newt Gingrich made a contract with America. (I used to be caught watching late night TV in the early 90's, obvious night owl was blatantly obvious.) Being born 1 1/2 months into the decade was great, but my childhood had some bumps in the road, and I was not really able to enjoy said decade. I would certainly like to relive it as an adult to simply experience it all.
Thats true for the second half of it for myself, then again the 2000's were much the same. Good thing for us the 90's are coming back so the trend forecasters predict, We can get to live it over again.

PM
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 7:36 pm

rapidroy wrote:
PM wrote:
Thats true for the second half of it for myself, then again the 2000's were much the same. Good thing for us the 90's are coming back so the trend forecasters predict, We can get to live it over again.

The advanced technology pretty much makes reliving the 90's in its true form nigh impossible.

I would love to go back to the days of the brick phone, the internet in its infancy, the first Windows OS, and the early desktops.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2013, 11:20 pm

PM wrote:
rapidroy wrote:
PM wrote:

The advanced technology pretty much makes reliving the 90's in its true form nigh impossible.

I would love to go back to the days of the brick phone, the internet in its infancy, the first Windows OS, and the early desktops.
I have one of those systems(or close enough to it, its a mixture of parts) sitting next to me, just have to get running again, not sure 100% about the internet though, I don't miss dial-up and missing phone calls while using the internet although that sure did cut back on useage. The older versons of Explorer and the simple HTML everyone used, reliabillity of DOS backed Win 3.1-98 that I would love to stick with.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 5:05 am

Born in the mid-80s. The 90s was my childhood and teenage years. So many memories ... I miss the music – you know, music that actually had individual flair. But I miss RnB/hip-hop/rap from that era most.

I remember my first computer (Amiga 500), having a Nintendo, monophonic ringtones (which you could program yourself), and seeing the whole world start using the Internet (and feeling left behind because my computer didn't have a modem :cry: ).

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 11:41 am

I was born in 1990 so I consider the 90s being my young childhood years and the 2000s being my older childhood years.

I loved growing up in that time. I miss the Sega and all the Sega games I used to be so good at. I remember all the Sega games I used to have; Sonic the Hedgehog 2, the Jungle Book, Mickey Mouse, Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3, Tasmania, Mega Bomber Man, and a few more but I remember playing those the most and I could still play all of those now if I could. I do have a little portable Sega with Sonic the Hedgehog games on but you can't play 2 player on it, and it doesn't have any of the other games I used to play.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 2:54 pm

Full House and TGIF were what made the '90s great for me! :lol:

Nash: Is there a difference?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 3:15 pm

I was born in 1990 and the following made that decade great.

-Boy Bands

-"Talk To The Hand"

-Sitcoms that didn't suck

-Multiple 1-hit wonders

-Pog games

glow
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 4:14 pm

I remember the pogs and Nintendo ds also tamigotchies and nanos, used to get told off for bringing them to school, along with slinkies and x brain yoyos.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2013, 7:29 pm

the 90s were like a high-tech version of the 70s, AFAIC.