What would you do if you were...?

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

m3zomo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2015, 10:16 am

Hi All,

I have a question for each one of you

what would your first decision be if you were a president..? In what field you would change and why..??

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 Sep 2015, 10:19 am

Bring troops home from all foreign lands

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2015, 12:53 pm

I'm not American, but here's what I'd do:

Reduce the size of the standing army, and reduce the spending on defense.

Introduce legislation that states politicians (senators/congressmen) must not have any financial interest in the field which they have influence over - no big oil on the climate change committee.

Redefine press harassment to better protect the individual.

Legalise, tax, and regulate marijuana and prostitution. This allows for safer "products", protects individuals, and creates funding for either further investment in the industries, or other much needed areas. It could be self-financing, and help reduce trafficking and abuse. I understand a lot of prostitutes are pimped out and kept on drugs: this could help that.

Direct more funding to (do you call it?) Obamacare and green energy. Subsidies the repairs of places like New Orleans, and send building instructors to train those who want it in construction.

Introduce licensing for baking and investing/trading.

More publicly funded housing initiatives with caveats preventing redevelopment for a set period of decades.

Make legal immigration easier, to prevent illegal migration (from Mexico - I know some people have issues with this) and to raise funds to further prevent illegal immigration. I know a lot of people like the idea of a big fence between themselves and all those Mexicans *gasp*horror*. What, you want us to treat them like people now?

Try to legislate so that more than 2 parties can have a chance at a presidential candidate, and so that you don't have to be rich, or know rich, to rise to prominence.

Oh, and take away all of your guns. You can repeal that amendment and replace it with something not written 250 years ago when you kept what you killed.

But of course, I don't know all of the USA's issues...

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 11:28 am

MisterSpock wrote:
I'm not American, but here's what I'd do:

Reduce the size of the standing army, and reduce the spending on defense.

Oh, and take away all of your guns. You can repeal that amendment and replace it with something not written 250 years ago when you kept what you killed.

Phew----good thing you're not an American!

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

@Campin_Cat Hey, if I'm cutting defense funding and people will be unhappy about that, then I'd like less people out there with guns, ya know?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:11 pm

Agreed, I don't like guns at all. Hmm...If I were prime minister...I would focus on climate change and poverty and health so that I could make it easier for people who have had rough lives and try to help the planet as well. Oh, and I would make a consensus debate round table at Parliament Building so that everyone could be respectful and take turns instead of shouting at each other from opposite end of the room. Isn't it weird how all of the rules learned in kindergarten and grade school become supposedly redundant once you reach the teenage/adult world?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:46 pm

I should probably point out that a typo meant instead of licensing bankers, I claimed I would license bakers... Imagine having to clarify that once I was in power.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2015, 2:51 pm

Ha ha! Licencing bakers! Can you imagine Spock actually trying to do that? "Highly illogical, Captain."

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII